"Paint blemished" White sewing machines

Old March 13th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default "Paint blemished" White sewing machines

I bought my Janome Gold- gently used- for $150 from my Janome dealer. It's
a great little sewing machine. I would not replace my 6600 with it, but for
a back-up machine it's perfect! It sews nicely and sits firmly in place
despite it's very light weight.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"SewVeryCreative" wrote in message
You know, Brother sewing machines seem to be pretty good. For DD's B-day
last year we got her a Brother BC-1000 (for about $170) and she's *abused*
the poop out of it, if anything. She still doesn't understand the whole
"don't-sew-over-pins-while-going-full-tilt" principle ... and every time
she
sews a block or top, I can hear that poor needle whacking pins left and
right. And strangely enough, the machine still runs like a top!! She's
also
notorious for sewing too fast (it is a teeny-tiny bit on the noisy side).
Only real complaint we've had is that it is SO light!!!

We had bought her that particular brand/model because we didn't want to
spend $$$ on a machine that she would either destroy in a few days or lose
interest in. Sew far, sew good!! She loves it, shows it off to her friends
(as well as her creations -- most of her friends sew, too!!), and abuses
it
with her over-eagerness to CREATE!!

So if $170 (or cheaper as I have seen it on sale @ Target) is within your
budget, think about it. Though I'm sure that everyone else here will have
better suggestions ... I'm pretty sure that Leslie told me that you could
get a Jem Gold for around $200 -- which, of course, would be the best
machine -- much better than a Brother!!

--
Connie :-)
FREE patterns n' FREE eZine at my blog:

"Heidi" wrote in message

Patti, I hate to rain on your dad's parade, but I once bought a White
at
a sale like that. I called it the sewing machine from He**. There's a
reason why they sell them so cheaply.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the

obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

I will second this. I have a White Quilt and Sew that I got from
TSWLTH, thinking it would be a good inexpensive machine, and it drives
me nuts. I wish I had the Singer I replaced with it back. I will
have to live with it until our finances improve, so I am managing, but
I would not wish it on anyone.

Heidi