"Quilt" magazine?

Old January 5th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dogmom

Default "Quilt" magazine?

Got an offer yesterday for Quilt magazine. I've never heard of it. Six
issues for $10; normally $24. Good price unless it's not any good. Any of
y'all familiar with this one? I don't recognize the publisher. I finally
quit my decades-long subscription to QNM and am getting something else which
is so lackluster I can't even remember its name (at least, that's my story
and I'm sticking to it! I am NOT, uh....forgetful!)

Dogmom

Old January 5th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

I subscribed to Quilt when I first started quilting back in the 80s. It was
pretty good for a beginner, but unless it's changed significantly, I don't
think I'd subscribe again. The good thing about it was that it provided a
lot of block patterns in the days before computers and quilting software and
showed quilts made from those patterns, but it also seemed to me that they
published the same block patterns over and over again. Most were very
traditional and fairly simple.

All that being said, six issues for $10 is a pretty darned good price, and
you wouldn't be out a lot if you didn't like it (of course, you could spend
that money on fabric instead!).

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old January 5th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr

I subscribe to it. It has enough articles/patterns in it each year to keep
me subscribing. I stopped QNM long time ago. My 2 favorites are Quiltmaker
and Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting.

Sherry Starr

Old January 5th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I'd suggest you go to a store and thumb thru a copy and see what you
think of it. I also subscribed to it many years ago, but found it to
be disappointing. Back then it had poor quality paper, not great
photos and the articles and projects are mostly for beginners and not
terribly imaginative. But that's just my opinion.....

Leslie & The Furbabis in MO.

Old January 5th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rose

I no longer subscribe to any quilting magazine. Seems like they're
stuck in the beginner stage. Almost all the quilts in almost all the
magazines are geared to someone who isn't past the intermediate stage.
I've been quilting for decades and would love to see a quilt magazine
devoted solely to those who have been quilting long enough to be able
to handle the tough patterns. I'm not going to buy a magazine that at
best as ONE advanced pattern/quilt.

Old January 5th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Yep, what Leslie said.
Flipped thru' an issue in a store the other day,
still didn't impress me. But, then, I still prefer QltrsNewsletterMag,
keeps me interested. YMMV

http://www.quiltmag.com/current-quilt.php

http://www.quiltmag.com/proj-learn.php

$10 for 6 mags is a good deal; if you don't want to keep them you could
bundle them up and give them away as a gift, send them to some of the
overseas quilters (I often do this) to share the fun.

Ragmop/Sandy

On 1/5/07 12:10 PM, in article
, "Leslie & The

Old January 5th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Gosh, at that price you wouldn't need to get but a pattern or two to
pay for the year. There has to be at least a tad bit of info in
6 issues. Sometimes one photo will inspire you. I have an odd
issue of that particular magazine here and there but never have
subscribed to them. I just pick them up when I see something of
interest in one. I bet they don't solicit subscribers like some of the
other magazines.
Taria