Hi there!

Old October 10th 03, 01:27 PM
Barbara Vaughan

Lynne wrote:

If you're looking for afghan squares, try the Digital Granny.

http://www.digitalgranny.com/va/

If you're looking for squares with no center hole, you can find plenty of
them there, although I suppose they're not genuine granny squares if they
don't have a hole in the center.

You can reduce the hole to almost nothing by doing the following:
instead of making a chain and joining it in a circle, make a ring around
your index finger and crochet your first round into that. Then after
you've made the first round, pull the free end of the yarn to tighten
the ring.

I have a book called 300 Crochet stitches that has a lot of patterns for
squares, as well as other shapes. Hexagons also can be easily joined to
make a blanket.

Barbara

Barbara

Old October 10th 03, 07:28 PM
NoraBalcer

Lina,

Welcome and I'm glad you found us. I do granny squares and I don't have the
hole in the middle by the time I get the dc's in it. What size squares are you
going to make? If you check google there are sites for 6x6 and 8x8 crocheted
squares. I've got the sites if you don't find them right off.

Nora
Old October 10th 03, 09:24 PM
Karen

Welcome to the group! I don't have any granny square sites to pass on, but
looks like others have. I just wanted to say welcome to the best group on
the net.

Karen in MN

"AlenasMom" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I just found this newsgroup today!
I'm an avid crocheter (Is this the right word?), and my best friend is a
really good knitter!
I'm starting to knit granny squares so that I can make a quilt for my

baby.
I'm going to quilt the squares for my daughter.
Does anyone know of a good, quick, fairly easy granny square pattern? It
would be great if there were no hole in the middle as with most squares.
Any advice or patterns will be greatly appreciated and most likely used! I
want all the squares to be different.
Thanks!

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

Old October 11th 03, 02:18 AM
Mischief

Welcome to the group.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.50 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Old October 12th 03, 01:29 AM
Katherine Burgess

Welcome to the group. Lina. I see that people have already answered you, so
I won't bother, as I would only give you the same sites.
Good luck with your afghan.
Katherine