Third one done! :)

Old August 9th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default Third one done! :)

Last night I finished sewing the label onto the third and last of my
Jennie Rayment quilts from camp. I still think that Tucked-Up Circles
is my favorite of the three, but this one was fun to do, too. It's
called Eight Petals and a Pot (for obvious reasons G), and the pot and
the petals are all "twiddled and fiddled" a bit. The leaves are
dimensional, made of two layers of fabric with batting between and then
satin stitched together before being satin stitched onto the quilt by
means of the "veins". The machine quilting is mostly flowers and leaves.
I've posted pics at http://sandymike.net/fabmanip.html#EightPetals.

My quilting frenzy is now at a temporary end, since DH is on the way
home right now with MIL in tow. They should arrive in a few hours,
giving me just enough time to make dinner and have it cooling (tomato
pie is much better when it's not piping hot G) after I dress for the
day. It's amazing how much I can get done when I have these little
respites from "normal" life.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 9th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

I just love the dimensionality (is that a word?) of your recent
finished pieces!

joan

Old August 9th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article . com,
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska wrote:

I just love the dimensionality (is that a word?) of your recent
finished pieces!

joan

Thanks, Joan! If it's not a word, it should be. These pieces were
such fun!

Old August 9th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I really like this Sandy! And your quilting is so cute! Congratulations on
getting THREE class projects done so soon after camp. You have been
possessed.
Tomato pie? Sounds interesting! I'll have to google a recipe.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old August 9th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well done you!
I'll stick with Twiddle .. ... as my favourite! though I do love the
circles too - and this latest one is just pure fun.
Thanks for letting us see them, Sandy.
..
In message
,
Sandy writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 9th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

It's great!

Anytime you want to come and deal with my unfinished projects....:-)
Maybe you could just come and crack the whip.

marcella

In article
,

Old August 9th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Wonderful Sandy. They all turned out very well.
Have fun with your MIL's visit.

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Old August 9th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

It's great!

Thanks, Marcella.

Anytime you want to come and deal with my unfinished projects....:-)
Maybe you could just come and crack the whip.

marcella

I'm not so good at cracking the whip. G My advantage this time was
that DH has been out of town for an entire week, leaving me to my own
schedule and allowing me to quilt my brains out. LOL! He's coming back
today, though, and bringing MIL with him. My trusty Bernina has just
gone to the spa for a well-deserved going over as a reward for excellent
service.

Old August 9th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Patti wrote:

Well done you!
I'll stick with Twiddle .. ... as my favourite! though I do love the
circles too - and this latest one is just pure fun.
Thanks for letting us see them, Sandy.

Thanks so much, Pat! I do love all of them -- most of all because of how
much fun they were to make. I've scattered them around the house to
show to DH and MIL when they arrive later. G

Old August 9th 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article veGui.37928$Xa3.14976@attbi_s22,
"KJ" wrote:

I really like this Sandy! And your quilting is so cute! Congratulations on
getting THREE class projects done so soon after camp. You have been
possessed.

Not so much possessed as liberated. VBG DH has been gone for a week,
and that really adds to my free time. He's coming back today and
bringing his mother, so I also had a sort of deadline, since I know I
won't get much done while she's visiting.

Tomato pie? Sounds interesting! I'll have to google a recipe.

It's quite tasty, and it's one of those things that actually tastes
better if it's not piping hot. Very nice for the summer.