Suggestions needed . . .

Old August 8th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

Default Suggestions needed . . .

Roberta,

Irish Chain is pretty close to the top of the list, however, I really like
log cabins, too. I need to make a decision and soon!
--
Donna in Idaho

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
I love Irish Chain in all its forms, and IMO it looks particularly good in
2 colors. You can do a single chain (9-patch alternating with plain
squares) or a double chain in 2 reds. And the plain areas are so wonderful
for quilting.
Roberta in D

"Donna Aten" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
My granddaugher will be graduating from college (San Marcos, Texis) in
December if everything goes well!

She would like a quilt made from reds & neutrals. Any suggestions for a
pattern that would look really great with those two colors? Nothing
complicated - I'm a lazy quilter! Right at the moment I'm drawing a
complete blank!

--
Donna in Idaho

Old August 8th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

I love your pink and purple quilt. Wish she would have given me a little
more choice in colors. Her mom & dad said blue, red, & neutrals - I would
like that even better than just the red & neutrals, especially for a log
cabin.

Yep, I knew you had a kid at Texas State, too.
--
Donna in Idaho

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Simple red w/ neutrals (?):
http://tinyurl.com/yty3fp

Simple, change the pinks & purples to reds,
the lights to neutrals: http://tinyurl.com/2suvfs
The Baseball squares give lots of variety. ;-)

LogCabins are simple.
http://www.vcq.org/specialty%20lesso.../log_cabin.htm

Good luck to your granddaughter.
I have a son at Texas State (last I heard g).
http://www.txstate.edu/

Ragmop/Sandy

Old August 8th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 17:52:19 -0500, Donna Aten wrote
(in article ):

My granddaugher will be graduating from college (San Marcos, Texis) in
December if everything goes well!

She would like a quilt made from reds & neutrals. Any suggestions for a
pattern that would look really great with those two colors? Nothing
complicated - I'm a lazy quilter! Right at the moment I'm drawing a
complete blank!

Irish chain?

M aureen

Old August 8th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Donna:
I LOVE log cabins. I especially like the off center
versions ... with one 'side' made with narrow logs. The
result is a quilt with curves!
Since you just have two colors for this, I suggest you
go with a red that would 'push' into the orange not the
blue color neighbor; 'push' scrappy neutrals into a
darker tone, one that would have bronze as the next
step. Then use that one bronze for the center square in
every block. Clear as mud??
PAT
PS: I also like the triangles quilt that Ragmop posted.

Old August 11th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

Default Suggestions needed update. . .

After all of your wonderful answers - she changed her mind! She found a
quilt on the internet made from Amy Butler Belle fabrics and fell in love
with it. So, I've bought 30 fat 8ths, and 6 fat quarters of the Amy Butler
fabric. Here's the link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roseisr...7594090632575/

I'm not going to use muslin for the sashings. I will use a variety of
neutrals that will give it a lot more interest, I think. This isn't what I
would want for a quilt for me, but she likes it, so that's what she will
get! I actually intend to piece the blocks with neutrals on all four sides
of the print fabric, so there will be two neutrals between each print block.
I will use the various prints to make a scrappy border. She's still
debating on the fabric for the back.
--
Donna in Idaho

Old August 11th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz

Simple but effective Donna, just the type of quilt I like to do. lol

Dee in Oz

fabric. Here's the link:http://www.flickr.com/photos/roseisr...-7205759409063...

Suggestions needed spampot[_2_] Yarn 6 May 10th 07 03:52 PM
suggestions needed Dorothy Quilting 9 April 28th 07 07:55 PM
I've been a busy bee and suggestions needed ALZ Quilting 10 August 19th 05 08:29 PM
suggestions needed Karin Cernik Beads 13 December 20th 03 01:11 PM
Suggestions Needed C. Mathews Quilting 9 September 3rd 03 10:32 PM