Suggestions needed . . .

Old August 7th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Suggestions needed . . .

My immediate thought was a cream/red smallish print for the background and
then add reds and neutrals to make whatever pattern appeals to you. If you
go for something simple, the Double or Triple Irish Chain is a good one.
Any of the quilts in the Quilt In A Day series is quick and easy- and you
could draft your own patterns since they are pretty basic blocks. And you
can dress them up with your fabric selections. I'd advise against just
using two fabrics- get a variety of reds and neutrals to spice it up a bit.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.
"Donna Aten" wrote in message
My granddaugher will be graduating from college (San Marcos, Texis) in
December if everything goes well!

She would like a quilt made from reds & neutrals. Any suggestions for a
pattern that would look really great with those two colors? Nothing
complicated - I'm a lazy quilter! Right at the moment I'm drawing a
complete blank!

--
Donna in Idaho

Old August 7th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

Fabric never goes into my sewing room until it has taken a trip through the
washer and dryer - no matter what color! I was actually thinking of an
Irish Chain as one possibility.
--
Donna in Idaho

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
How lazy are you feeling, Donna? There's just nothing as simple as the
Irish Chain and one would be gorgeous in your colors. If we can nudge you
just a little bit further to HSTs, there are, more or less, something like
76 possibilities with the plover set of quilt blocks. I'm not a
card-carrying pre-washing quilter - but for the reds, please do. Polly

Old August 7th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

I have that pattern - that could be fun with various reds and neutrals. Her
Mom told me she wanted red, blue & neutral which would have been even more
fun, but Talena wants just reds and neutrals.
--
Donna in Idaho

"Lotsoflavender" wrote in message
Congratulations to your granddaughter in advance, a fantastic achievement.

If a very lazy, contemporary design appeals then have a look at
http://www.byannie.com/free_patterns.html
I rather like the effect the red and black has but I'm sure that stitched
in different reds and neutrals it would look quite good.

Wendy in NSW

Old August 7th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna Aten[_2_]

I've already told Talena that there will not be just two fabrics - there
will be lots!
--
Donna in Idaho

Old August 7th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article , Donna Aten
wrote:

I have that pattern - that could be fun with various reds and neutrals. Her
Mom told me she wanted red, blue & neutral which would have been even more
fun, but Talena wants just reds and neutrals.

Maybe you could always sneak a little bit of blue into the sashing (if
you have them)!!

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ----- It's BACK!! AND they APOLOGIZED!
LOL!
Old August 7th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lotsoflavender

Yep, I think lots is the way to go, that way you can get more variation with
light n dark red and neutral.......Wendy

Old August 7th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz A.

I'm partial to Scrappy Stars from Bonnie Hunter at quiltville.com
http://www.quiltville.com/starstruck.shtml On the samples at the
bottom of the page there's one in blues and neutrals. Or, you could do
the beige behemoth from Big Horn Quilts.
http://www.bighornquilts.com/inspira.../behemoth.html
One nice thing about that one is that no two blocks are the same so
you certainly won't get bored with it. A bunch of us are plugging away
at it. One person in our group is doing it in reds.

LizA.
Kent, WA
http://picasaweb.google.com/dittodog

"Donna Aten" wrote in message
My granddaugher will be graduating from college (San Marcos, Texis) in
December if everything goes well!

She would like a quilt made from reds & neutrals. Any suggestions for a
pattern that would look really great with those two colors? Nothing
complicated - I'm a lazy quilter! Right at the moment I'm drawing a
complete blank!

--
Donna in Idaho- Hide quoted text -

Old August 7th 07, 06:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article , Lotsoflavender
wrote:

Yep, I think lots is the way to go, that way you can get more variation with
light n dark red and neutral.......Wendy

The more the merrier!

Old August 7th 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Margie S.

On Aug 6, 6:52?pm, "Donna Aten" wrote:
My granddaugher will be graduating from college (San Marcos, Texis) in
December if everything goes well!

She would like a quilt made from reds & neutrals. Any suggestions for a
pattern that would look really great with those two colors? Nothing
complicated - I'm a lazy quilter! Right at the moment I'm drawing a
complete blank!

I would suggest a pattern that resembles a large
dick and balls. She will probably be getting many after
college. I know i did.

Old August 7th 07, 07:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T[_2_]

Drunkards Path?

Tricia in TX
http://tricialangner.myphotoalbum.com

Suggestions needed spampot[_2_] Yarn 6 May 10th 07 03:52 PM
suggestions needed Dorothy Quilting 9 April 28th 07 07:55 PM
I've been a busy bee and suggestions needed ALZ Quilting 10 August 19th 05 08:29 PM
suggestions needed Karin Cernik Beads 13 December 20th 03 01:11 PM
Suggestions Needed C. Mathews Quilting 9 September 3rd 03 10:32 PM