Sock Wars

Old August 20th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Sock Wars

I made my first sock in 3rd grade , was bored to knit 2 green ones
thus added some red stripes to the 2nd ,,,,,, teacher called my mother
and she was asked to restrain this creative misbehaviour ,,,,,,,,
Years later the granddaughter of this teacher came to study creative
weaving with me !!!!
years and socks later i made little `sock pins` ,,, my daughter shared
one of her student flats with a student that had a Regular caricature
in a Jerusalem Local weekly , one weekend she wrote and drew ,,, My
father bottles vegies , Drora`s mum knitts socks....
mirjam

Mystified One,

I did the opposite to learn. I found a "training sock" pattern. It
was small, so I could learn the components and methods of sock making
quickly.

Hesira

Mystified One wrote:
I was thinking a giant sock would be a way for me to start, and then once I had
a general understanding, I could try something smaller.

Old August 20th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Oh, My, Mirjam! There is a song here like that, about a teacher who insisted
that the children colour flowers red and leaves green. Takk about stifling
children! I am glad that she didn't succeed with you!

Are you out of the shelter yet?

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 20th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cats

Default Farewell - Sock Wars

Sanctimonious (I considered using several other adjectives
here) comments such as this are - individually - a
relatively minor annoyance. But your constant harping is
one of the reasons that I stopped reading rctn (only one of
a few I must admit).

Congratulations. You have made a fun activity sound like
something evil and corrupting. Are you pleased with your
achievement? I thought about responding in a different
manner to this latest piece of gratuitous "nobility", but I
really don't think it is worth the small effort required.

Don't bother responding - I won't be here to be annoyed by
your answer. Write it off as me having a "bad hair day" if
you will, but life is too short to put up with annoying
trivia that can so easily be eliminated by simply pushing a
button (or in this case by refraining from pushing one). Go
annoy someone else.

My thanks to those from this ng who responded with kindness
or helpful advice to my infrequent ventures out of lurkdom,
and farewell.

--

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
:I must admit that i had no wish to even look at it
: the banal use of the word wars doesn`t appeal to me ,
: mirjam
:
:
: This sounds like so much fun. I will watch with great
: interest from Australia. I am a bit unreliable to take
: part ATM. Maybe next year.
:
: Good luck Sock Warriors!
:
: --
: --
:
: Cheryl
:
:
: "Sarah Carter" wrote
in
: message ...
: : Hello!
: :
: : I saw this and I thought a few people here might be
: interested in this.
: :
: :
:
http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm

: : l
: :
: : Have fun!
: :
: : Sarah
: : --
: : Accessories and Plus Sized Gothic clothes
: : Individual items for individual people
: : http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pookledo
: : http://www.pookledo.com
: :
: :
:
:
:

Old August 20th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

And you do realize that Mirjam spent the better part of six weeks
living in a bomb shelter in northern Israel?

In her shoes I'd be a bit touchy about that turn of phrase too.

There's no pot-kettle action here, just holier-than-thou on your part,
for whatever reasons.

Goodbye again, Jane.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old August 20th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Daisy

"YarnWright" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:06:42 -0300, Katherine spun a fine yarn

Sarah Carter wrote:
Hello!

I saw this and I thought a few people here might be interested in
this.

http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm

Have fun!

Oh, I am so doing this! Thanks, Sarah!

Higs,
Katherine

raising hand and joining in, too!
Noreen
who needs more challenges like she needs another ...,(deleted for good
taste)

With so many words available in the English language, I note you have chosen
this one.

Thanks for the disgusting image.

A reader

Old August 20th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:20:34 -0600, Daisy spun a fine yarn

Sarah Carter wrote:
Hello!

I saw this and I thought a few people here might be interested in
this.

http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm

Have fun!

Oh, I am so doing this! Thanks, Sarah!

Higs,
Katherine

raising hand and joining in, too!
Noreen
who needs more challenges like she needs another ...,(deleted for good
taste)

With so many words available in the English language, I note you have chosen
this one.

Thanks for the disgusting image.

A reader

\Jane...
I now HAVE two of them, mine and YOU!
One thing about bungholes... they're always there when you need them.
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0633-4, 08/18/2006
Tested: 8/20/2006 12:50:40 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 20th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Daisy

Sarah Carter wrote:
[...]

It's not your "bunghole(s)" that interests me (believe it!) it's your need
to express yourself that way in a public knitting group that says so much.
Here's hoping you learn to find attention in a positive way somewhere along
the line.

It's a free Usenet; I'm just as entitled to good taste as you are to ...
your taste.

Old August 20th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JJMolvik

Here is your perfect first project then!!!!!!!

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/...ockingcap.html

JJMolvik

Old August 20th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

THANK you Dear Wooly from the depth of my heart , i didn`t stop anyone
from reading or enjoying i just felt that among mature and friendly
people i could sort of tell you what i felt reading this term.

We are in cease fire , we cleaned our shelter and decided not to use
it as added storage anymore, I washed the Straw mat [ a recycled ex
room divider], i shakked the two thick winter blankets that i used as
matrass. Looking through the house we found that somethings` screws go
loosened ,, Dust is everywhere , but all in all we were VERY LUCKY,,,
It is a very strange feeling to have lived such a long time in a kind
of lotery , not knowing where the next ine will fall.
The NORTH of Israel which isn`t very big got more than 4000 rockets.
Many of my friends were far harder than me.
Since we know we are going to have another round, i here by invite
this woman , to cme and stay with me in the next time. I don`t think i
complained much during this time , but i sure do not like the term
War, for me is something painful, were people loose life.
I couldn`t push a button and make this go away it was in the Subject
line.
I really wish you that you will never ever in your life know what war
really means.
Yesterday somebody slammed a car`s door , my cat , whom you can`t
accuse of being ,,,,,,, stiffened , his little heart bounced so hard
that i could see it pulse on his body.... it took me several moments
to help him relax .
mirjam

Sock Yarn Question hesira Yarn 10 June 28th 06 03:16 PM
Question for the knitters of sock inside sock Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 13 March 5th 06 05:07 AM
Sock yarns: Fiber advice? Randall Nortman Yarn 9 February 17th 05 06:40 AM
Pattern for mini sock monkey? Paula Salvadore Sewing 3 April 20th 04 02:01 PM