Sock Wars

Old August 19th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Sarah Carter

Default Sock Wars

Hello!

I saw this and I thought a few people here might be interested in this.

http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm

Have fun!

Sarah
--
Accessories and Plus Sized Gothic clothes
Individual items for individual people

Old August 19th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Sarah Carter wrote:
Hello!

I saw this and I thought a few people here might be interested in
this.

http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm

Have fun!

Oh, I am so doing this! Thanks, Sarah!

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 19th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:06:42 -0300, Katherine spun a fine yarn

Sarah Carter wrote:
Hello!

I saw this and I thought a few people here might be interested in
this.

http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm

Have fun!

Oh, I am so doing this! Thanks, Sarah!

Higs,
Katherine

raising hand and joining in, too!
Noreen
who needs more challenges like she needs another bunghole....

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0633-4, 08/18/2006
Tested: 8/19/2006 10:35:38 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 19th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Sarah Carter wrote:
Hello!

I saw this and I thought a few people here might be interested in
this.

http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm

Have fun!

Oh, I am so doing this! Thanks, Sarah!

Higs,
Katherine

raising hand and joining in, too!
Noreen
who needs more challenges like she needs another bunghole....

Me, too, but that's what makes life interesting, right?

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 20th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cats

This sounds like so much fun. I will watch with great
interest from Australia. I am a bit unreliable to take
part ATM. Maybe next year.

Good luck Sock Warriors!

Cheryl

"Sarah Carter" wrote in
message ...
: Hello!
:
: I saw this and I thought a few people here might be
interested in this.
:
:
http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...-wars-2006.htm
: l
:
: Have fun!
:
: Sarah
: --

Old August 20th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BonnieBlue

I'm considering entering the sock wars, too. I read it to DH and he said
"go for it". I am just now working on my first ever to-be-worn sock (and on
two circs). I made a giant sock (fair isle pattern on dps) for a Christmas
stocking last year, so it was really my first sock but no one can wear it!

BonnieBlue

Old August 20th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One

I was thinking a giant sock would be a way for me to start, and then once I had
a general understanding, I could try something smaller.

Old August 20th 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I must admit that i had no wish to even look at it
the banal use of the word wars doesn`t appeal to me ,
mirjam

Old August 20th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Mystified One,

I did the opposite to learn. I found a "training sock" pattern. It
was small, so I could learn the components and methods of sock making
quickly.

Hesira

Old August 20th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BonnieBlue

The stocking I made was from Homespun Handknit - Caps Socks Mittens & Gloves
edited by Linda Ligon. I enjoyed doing it but chose it also to practice
using two colors of yarn to make a pattern. The project did not go
especially fast but then I knit slowly anyway. Hesira's idea of knitting a
training sock may be a better idea....or use a pattern for a child's plain
sock. I gave the Christmas stocking as a gift and used the cute verse from
the book:

Within this box is just one sock
which I have knit for you
for though I knit, and knit, and knit
I never did get through.

BonnieBlue

Sock Yarn Question hesira Yarn 10 June 28th 06 03:16 PM
Question for the knitters of sock inside sock Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 13 March 5th 06 06:07 AM
Sock yarns: Fiber advice? Randall Nortman Yarn 9 February 17th 05 07:40 AM
Pattern for mini sock monkey? Paula Salvadore Sewing 3 April 20th 04 02:01 PM