your opinion please

Old March 9th 05, 05:02 AM
MJR

Default your opinion please

I found a website that sells swarvorstika crystals at a really good price.
Yet, I am hesitant to order because they don't list where they are located
.....no personal information whatsoever except a phone number to place an
order (and ask for the bead guy)
What do you think about placing an order to their website. I really am
impressed with their prices.
I make costume jewelry and could use some of their beads.
http://www.gspncrystal.com/index.htm

thanks, Monika

Old March 9th 05, 05:06 AM
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 21:02:08 -0800, in lõ "MJR" (nojunk)
wrote:

..no personal information whatsoever except a phone number to place an
order (and ask for the bead guy)
What do you think about placing an order to their website. I really am
impressed with their prices.

Well, they give an actual phone number. So do it that way. Before ordering, discuss
your concerns. If you've got a human on the other end of the phone, you can get all the
detailed info about them that you wish. Some small concerns might wish to not put lots
of idintifying info on the web. Some small businesses like this may well be a home
business that someone is running from the side table in their kitchen. They really
don't want the public to know their name and address, since that public may include
thieves or others whom you don't wish to tell you've got anything to do with jewelry.
Over the phone, though, they should be willing to tell you what you need to know to
assure yourself that the transaction is safe for you.

Peter
Old March 9th 05, 08:29 AM
vj

vj found this in rec.crafts.jewelry, from "MJR"
(nojunk) :

]http://www.gspncrystal.com/index.htm

from a magazine ad:
GSPN
510 Squankum Yellow Brook Rd
Farmingdale NJ 07727
T: 732-751-1456
F: 253-322-0212

__________________
Registrant: SPECTRUM PO BOX 337 ASBURY PARK NJ, 07755 07755 United States
Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com) Domain Name:
GSPNCRYSTAL.COM Created on: 24-Jun-02 Expires on: 24-Jun-09 Last Updated
on: 19-Jul-03 Administrative Contact: OSGOOD, DAVID DAVID
PO BOX 337 ASBURY PARK NJ, 07755 07755 United States (732) 555-1212
Technical Contact: OSGOOD, DAVID
DAVID PO BOX 337 ASBURY
PARK NJ, 07755 07755 United States (732) 555-1212 Domain servers in listed
order: NS26A.SBC-WEBHOSTING.COM NS26B.SBC-WEBHOSTING.COM

EVERY domain name has to have a phone # and mailing address
however - that may just be the tech who did the registration - not the
actual owner.

[found this by typing in the phone number into Google] seems some people
have no problems - others do.]

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books)
Old March 10th 05, 06:54 AM
Marilee J. Layman

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 05:02:15 GMT, "MJR"
(nojunk) wrote:

I found a website that sells swarvorstika crystals at a really good price.
Yet, I am hesitant to order because they don't list where they are located
....no personal information whatsoever except a phone number to place an
order (and ask for the bead guy)
What do you think about placing an order to their website. I really am
impressed with their prices.
I make costume jewelry and could use some of their beads.
http://www.gspncrystal.com/index.htm

I take it you haven't scrolled down to the bottom where it says "ALL
SALES ARE FINAL, THERE ARE NO RETURNS"?

I've heard of them refusing to let someone return beads that were
pulled incorrectly -- the store's fault. I wouldn't buy from them.

--
Marilee J. Layman
Old March 11th 05, 02:20 AM
vj

vj found this in rec.crafts.jewelry, from "Marilee J. Layman"
:

]
]I've heard of them refusing to let someone return beads that were
]pulled incorrectly -- the store's fault. I wouldn't buy from them.

thanks, Marilee.
i knew there was a reason for avoiding them but couldn't remember what it
was.