Stash knowledge - part 2

Old December 13th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default Stash knowledge - part 2

This morning I went hunting for a Judith Baker Montano Crazy Quilt stitching
book. I found it but it wasn't where I thought it should be. How are your books
organized? Most of mine are arranged by technique and then by author or title,
although all my A-Z books are together.

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old December 14th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

anne wrote:
This morning I went hunting for a Judith Baker Montano Crazy Quilt stitching
book. I found it but it wasn't where I thought it should be. How are your books
organized? Most of mine are arranged by technique and then by author or title,
although all my A-Z books are together.

Mine are by craft -- needlework on one shelf, quilting on another shelf
and misc. crafts on a third shelf. Each shelf is then organized by what
I call "type" -- for needlework all my cats chart are together, then
hardanger, samplers, alphabets. Stuff like charts of a specific
geographic or cultural area (Hawaiian, Scandahoovia, Irish, etc.) are
together. Some stuff I have in notebooks (MLI, Christmas, Other
Animals) but that got to be too much trouble. Within each grouping, I
just put the charts in the proper area (when I put them away, LOL) and
then I get to paw through everything when I am looking for a specific
chart. I don't keep any sort of list, hence the number of duplicate
kitty charts I have -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Old December 14th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

By technique - quilting, cross stitch, canvas embroidery, japanese
embroidery, etc. I don't break it down any further than tahs as I
don't have more than 6 or 7 books on any one subject.

Now if you're talking charts, those are broken down by technique and
designer.

stash knowledge anne Needlework 17 December 13th 08 06:06 PM
Has anyone any knowledge of this store? fran Needlework 1 October 8th 05 11:51 PM
Heart of Carolina Stash Dash Part 2 (long) frood Quilting 10 October 10th 04 12:59 AM
Heart of Carolina Stash Dash Part 1 frood Quilting 9 October 5th 04 06:33 PM
Strange problem (part rant, part humor) georg Yarn 16 November 5th 03 12:40 AM