Rectangular Shape Cutters for Arbitrary Dimensions?

Old January 4th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.misc
Will[_2_]

Default Rectangular Shape Cutters for Arbitrary Dimensions?

I'm looking for rectangular shape cutters that would let me dial in any
arbitrary dimension. Can anyone refer me to a commercial product that can
do this?

I'm also looking to cut in rounded corners but again for arbitrary radius.
If anyone knows of a solution or kit that includes many smaller radius I
would appreciate the referral.

--
Will

Old January 4th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.misc
Will[_2_]

I should have stated it clearly: I'm trying to cut rectangles and corners
onto paper. I'm trying to create specialized peel-off labels from larger
rectangular peel-off labels.

--
Will

Old January 4th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.misc
The Translucent Amoebae

On Jan 3, 11:16 pm, "Will" wrote:
I'm looking for rectangular shape cutters that would let me dial in any
arbitrary dimension. Can anyone refer me to a commercial product that can
do this?

I'm also looking to cut in rounded corners but again for arbitrary radius.
If anyone knows of a solution or kit that includes many smaller radius I
would appreciate the referral.

--
Will

The most obvious solution is a ruler and a T-Square. But it would
require a small amount of careful cutting and thoughtfulness...
It would be substantially less automatic than a punch.
Or possibly a back lit cutting board with a grid on it...???

Also: i noticed the other day that some people are still using Number
11 exacto blades with the pencil shaped holder...???

i've found that the small box-cutter is far more excellent...!
It's much easier to change blades, ( just snap the tip off ) and the
shape is easier to hold on to, Plus, when you're not using it, you can
easily retract the blade...!
You will never find these at an Art or Crafts Store, you will have to
go to a hardware store, and there a couple of different kinds, so buy
all of them, and try each, They're very inexpensive...! With the ones
you don't like, you just take the blades out, and use them in the one
you do like and the price difference, minus the blades, will be like
a dollar.

!!!

u-channel or rectangular tubing MatthewK Jewelry 3 April 29th 07 06:06 PM
Best Way to Model this Shape? Greg Krynen Polymer Clay 2 October 14th 05 08:28 AM
Interesting shape Christina Peterson Beads 3 December 10th 04 07:00 PM
In search of new shape starlia Beads 43 September 27th 04 07:19 AM
Rectangular Abalone Beads Helen Page Beads 3 February 18th 04 01:21 AM