Off and On Topic-How did I get into this

Old August 23rd 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dawn in Alberta

Default Off and On Topic-How did I get into this

The off topic part is that today I had my stairs done, carpeting is now gone
and lament wood flooring is down. It looks great it should also help with
the allergies, but not much since I am also allergic to my cats but as they
say an allergy pill a day keeps the wheezing at bay as well as the horrid
itches. Now just have to wait for the glue that was used to off gas then I
can breath a bit more easier in the next day or so.
For the on topic part is the How did I get myself into this, the contractor
who did the stairs was dropped off this morning by his business partner, who
later came back to pick him up. Any ways the business partner and my mother
were talking outside and some how they got to talking about things they cant
and can do, and I think my mom let it slip that I sewed.
Some how or another not sure how it happened but all of a sudden I am going
to be making gifts for this woman to give to her grandkids, niece and a
nephew. And yes I will be getting paid for this. So far its one of the soft
dolls that I make, a dragon, and possibly one of the butterflies that I have
a pattern for, a few pillow cases with names appliquéd on, and at two baby
quilts or at small lap quilts for kids. I am thankful that I have patterns
for all of this. But what I am wondering is how the heck did it happen. I
think the quilt gods or at the crafting gods are having a huge laugh at me
right now.

Still shaking my head in wonder
Dawn in Alberta
--
When Life gets you down Get up and Mambo
John Candy

Old August 23rd 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!
i do hope your mom is gonna be there assisting as needed while you do all
this sewing.
its the least she can do as its her fault you now have all this sewing for
others to do.
assisting with...
making copious cups of tea,
making snacks/meals as required,
pressing as required,
finding the right colour threads as required,
whatever other jobs you can find for a gopher to do.
my goodness, Dawn, you are a very good daughter.
not sure i would do that in same circumstances.
snorfle,
jeanne

"Dawn In Alberta" wrote...

Old August 23rd 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

I'm glad you got a small paying job to do over the next few months. Should
use up all your "spare" time! ha ha
Barbara in HOT SC

Old August 23rd 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Dawn In Alberta wrote:
[...]

They sound like fun projects to do, mind!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 23rd 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dawn in Alberta

True they are fun for me at least, well the dolls that is, so that is no big
thing for me. If the lady does go with the one dragon that I make it would
only take three days max to make. And that is with me working full time as
well. well maybe not even three days, one day to trace out the pattern, and
I can sew the same day as well, one day to do the stuffing and heck the
needle sculpting wouldn't even take that long either. wow cool I didn't
think of it in time wise till now. Thanks Kate,, you are an inspiration in
many ways in case you didn't know. Now good luck to you and to James with
his go at making his own pants..

Old August 23rd 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article hB6zi.83068$rX4.78158@pd7urf2no,
"Dawn In Alberta" wrote:

But what I am wondering is how the heck did it happen. I
think the quilt gods or at the crafting gods are having a huge laugh at me
right now.

Did you say the dreaded "yes"?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 23rd 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dawn in Alberta

"Sandy" wrote in message
Did you say the dreaded "yes"?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net

Its that darn nursery rhyme I grew up with you know the one little girls are
made up of sugar and spice and everything nice...... well I did say the
dreaded the dastardly the impossible oh my god what did I just do to myself
here(rather meekly though ) "Yes"

Old August 24th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article Bgozi.85239$rX4.70900@pd7urf2no,
"Dawn In Alberta" wrote:

"Sandy" wrote in message
Did you say the dreaded "yes"?

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
http://www.sandymike.net

Its that darn nursery rhyme I grew up with you know the one little girls are
made up of sugar and spice and everything nice...... well I did say the
dreaded the dastardly the impossible oh my god what did I just do to myself
here(rather meekly though ) "Yes"

Dawn In Alberta
When Life gets you Down Get up and Mambo

sigh