A message from Nurse Nice

Old August 22nd 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default A message from Nurse Nice

I just got back from taking my wife to the dentist where she had some
oral surgery done on both sides of her mouth. My day will consit of
changing out the mouthwash spittoon and feeding her vicodin. The poor
girl is so out of it, she really dosen't know what is going on. The
whole house is torn up so that the 22 windows scheduled for
replacement, can take place tomorrow with all the furniture and wall
hangings placed in the center of the room and covered with cloth. We
had a friend staying with us for a couple of days and she has just
left. Boy, I am just staying around her to see what will happen next.
I think I should start taking the vicodin and just crawl into bed
myself, but then who would empty the spitoon? Getting old is a bitch,
but is better than the alternative, I think.

John

Old August 22nd 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Good man, John! When my turn comes for oral surgery, I'll know who to call
;-) My DH has many sterling qualities, but care of the sick is not among
them. Good luck with your workmen! You need to get back to quilting!
Roberta in D

ups.com...

Old August 22nd 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

John wrote:
I just got back from taking my wife to the dentist where she had some
oral surgery done on both sides of her mouth. My day will consit of
changing out the mouthwash spittoon and feeding her vicodin. The poor
girl is so out of it, she really dosen't know what is going on. The
whole house is torn up so that the 22 windows scheduled for
replacement, can take place tomorrow with all the furniture and wall
hangings placed in the center of the room and covered with cloth. We
had a friend staying with us for a couple of days and she has just
left. Boy, I am just staying around her to see what will happen next.
I think I should start taking the vicodin and just crawl into bed
myself, but then who would empty the spitoon? Getting old is a bitch,
but is better than the alternative, I think.

John

Dear John,

Having been on the receiving end of oral surgery, I deeply sympathise
with you both! I put Alan through hell when I had my wisdom teeth
quarried out over 25 years ago!

((((((John & the Missis))))))

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 22nd 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

In a rather funny development, We had no way for her to alert me that
she might need assistance if I am down stairs. You know, like
assistance getting to the bathroom or emptying the spittoon. I came up
with a particularly 19th century solution. Kind of like a page from
the British TV series Upstairs,Downstairs. I took a Bicycle Bell from
my collection of bicycle parts in the basement and attached it to the
headboard of the Victorian Bedstead and now if she needs me, she just
"dings me" and I come up wearing formal service livery, complete with
white gloves. All comments about my ringing her bell in bed, should be
deferred until a later date.

John

Old August 22nd 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I do hope your nursing skills last longer than those of my DH. Anybody that
needs care longer than about 18 hours just ain't going to make it. Polly

Old August 22nd 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Aug 22, 12:48 pm, "Polly Esther"
wrote:
I do hope your nursing skills last longer than those of my DH. Anybody that
needs care longer than about 18 hours just ain't going to make it. Polly

I guess I will just have to live up to the, "For better or Worse",
part of the marriage vows.

John

Old August 22nd 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

A speedy get well to your DW. I know having a Nurse Nice in the house is so
very helpful.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

ups.com...

Old August 22nd 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is what folks that stay married a long time do. I sure like the
better parts best but gotta work with what you have. I hope your wife
is feeling better soon. I am sort of like Mr. Esther. I am not much
of a nurse. Anyone sick around here gets well quick so as to
avoid my poor nurse work though.
Take care,
TAria

Old August 22nd 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Aug 22, 2:20 pm, Taria wrote:
That is what folks that stay married a long time do. I sure like the
better parts best but gotta work with what you have. I hope your wife
is feeling better soon. I am sort of like Mr. Esther. I am not much
of a nurse. Anyone sick around here gets well quick so as to
avoid my poor nurse work though.
Take care,
TAria

Kind of the "Tough Love" Theory, I guess, on your part.

John

Old August 22nd 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article . com,
John wrote:

I just got back from taking my wife to the dentist where she had some
oral surgery done on both sides of her mouth. My day will consit of
changing out the mouthwash spittoon and feeding her vicodin. The poor
girl is so out of it, she really dosen't know what is going on. The
whole house is torn up so that the 22 windows scheduled for
replacement, can take place tomorrow with all the furniture and wall
hangings placed in the center of the room and covered with cloth. We
had a friend staying with us for a couple of days and she has just
left. Boy, I am just staying around her to see what will happen next.
I think I should start taking the vicodin and just crawl into bed
myself, but then who would empty the spitoon? Getting old is a bitch,
but is better than the alternative, I think.

John

I hope your DW is feeling better soon, John! That must be miserable.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)

Nurse Nice John Quilting 9 March 10th 07 12:48 PM
REQ: economical source for message beads and message rings Rachel Beads 1 July 11th 06 12:35 PM
Nurse Ratched. Estelle Gallagher Quilting 0 January 13th 05 10:21 AM
Another Nurse Ratched Swap Nurse Ratched Quilting 2 February 5th 04 02:26 AM
Nurse Ratched's Strip SWAP CHARLES MURPHY Quilting 4 November 2nd 03 01:15 AM