back from a long long quiltless spell

Old August 23rd 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn/Jalynne

Default back from a long long quiltless spell

I haven't missed you, especially lately. Seriously, though, I get the
pleasure of chatting with you several times a week, so I've been blessed to
see your doings on a regular basis. But I HAVE missed you posting here!
Talk to you tomorrow, likely.

Jenn in Tacoma

On 8/21/07 8:20 AM, in article
,
"D Curtis" wrote:

Hi Everyone,
Its been many a day I had anything to report quiltwise and that
explains my absence from the group for a few years, plus trying to get a
business going took up all my free time as well. Now tho, I am back, and
glad to see so many familiar faces as well as so many new ones. I still
wont have time to post much but wanted to share that I am now working on
two quilty projects and a new hobby, rugs! The first quilt is a Storm
at Sea, in blues and white, not sure what size it will be but it will
have a heart in purple. The second is a WIP that stalled out some time
ago, a lovely fresh colored quilt for my daughter. Im adding vines to it
currently and will post pictures when its farther along. I've missed
piecing a lot, but even more the process of picking fabrics. Thats my
fave!
Ive always wanted to make a rug but wanted someone to teach me and
met someone online who was willing to set up their web cam and let me
watch the process. I'm making a type called tufted rugs, similar in
style to a hooked rug but made with yarn. Again, its the process of
picking the colors and figuring out the design thats the part that
thrills me, tho working the tool is great, its like painting with yarn.
No pictures available yet but I hope to have some later today.
Id like to take a moment to point you towards a quilty product a
friend of mine makes. She is an Etsy seller as well and makes the most
beautiful quilt block pendants. Her user name is BlossomArts and she is
a peach, even if she isn't a quilter.
You've all kept me company during the dry spell.. I have appreciated
it more than words can say.
Hugs!
Diana

Old August 24th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

I like how that turned out Estelle! Nice use of fabrics.
Thanks for the link.
Hugs
Diana
http://lunamom.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/lunamom44

Estelle Gallagher wrote:
Here is a link I think! not very good at this side of things! lol Its called
Birds and Bees! I still have loads of the Bee Fabric , must find another
project for it!! lol
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Old August 24th 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

Doesn't ring a bell..nope.
Howdy Sandy!!
Have you been spreading the good word? Finished is Good and .. nothing
that a good coat of paint cant fix?
I still have that little girl though she is bigger, a first grader, the
dahlia is still a WIP, and I still make fun little boxes to put things
in as well as other things, crafty, like a fox.
Sniff, you remember! Thank you!
Hugs
Diana

http://lunamom.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/lunamom44

Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

Diana...Diana Curtis...hmmmmm...
*nudging my quilting neighbor-- Didn't we used to know a Diana Curtis?
Seems like there was a Diana Curtis who had the cutest little girl...
and didn't she have a Giant Dahlia quilt she was planning? And the
sweetest little trinket boxes...very crafty, that Diana. Same one?
Could be. Diana ... Curtis... yeah, sure sounds familiar. . . .

R/Sandy ;-D

Old August 24th 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

Haha.. thanks Nightmist.
Hugs back!!
Diana

http://lunamom.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/lunamom44

NightMist wrote:
'bout flippin time!
*grumble grumble*

{{hugs}}

NightMist

Old August 24th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Yep, I do sorta recall a Diana Curtis who once upon a
time planned a Dahlia quilt. In fact, I just saw a
Dahlia mentioned here in RCTQ land, and thought "Where
in the WOrld is Diana?!"

She's been gone so long, I think she needs to send me
some chocolate to taste test.

PAT, sending hugs to DC

Old August 24th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D Curtis

Perhaps chocolate would jog your memory. Hum.. wonder if I can find some
that would be to your liking.
I saw that post too and wondered who else, other than me, would be
nuts enough to attempt a dahlia.
Hi Pat!!