OT--hard drive died :(

Old August 11th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

Default OT--hard drive died :(

howdyyyyyyyyyy
hard drive died last week. been offline since then with other stuff
and brain needed the rest.
using friends geek son's puter for this.
will return when i can with more ram, 2 h/d's, laser mouse and surge
protector, along with an anti static wrist band.
hugz all around,
jeanne

Old August 11th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I was wondering where you were Jeanne. I thought maybe I had missed an
announcement of some sort while I was off doing other things. I hope you
get up and running soon.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
ups.com...

Old August 11th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:55:25 -0700, nzlstar*
wrote:

howdyyyyyyyyyy
hard drive died last week. been offline since then with other stuff
and brain needed the rest.
using friends geek son's puter for this.
will return when i can with more ram, 2 h/d's, laser mouse and surge
protector, along with an anti static wrist band.
hugz all around,
jeanne

Sorry about your 'puter. When you get running again let us know if
you need help finding some of your old favorite quilty sites. Although
I'd be surprised if you do need help with that since you are the most
amazing internet searcher I know.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Old August 12th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article . com,
nzlstar* wrote:

howdyyyyyyyyyy
hard drive died last week. been offline since then with other stuff
and brain needed the rest.
using friends geek son's puter for this.
will return when i can with more ram, 2 h/d's, laser mouse and surge
protector, along with an anti static wrist band.
hugz all around,
jeanne

Yeesh, Jeanne! I am so sorry! You never know how much you depend on a
'puter till the durn thing decides to up and die.

But if I may make a suggestion? Instead of a laser mouse, look into
getting a stylus and tablet ... you can get a good one for $50. It'll
give you more flexibility if you use apps like EQ AND it cuts down on
the risk of developing carpal tunnel.
http://dealmac.com/deals/Wacom-Graph...et-for-50-afte
r-rebate/182105.html?ref=alert

Personally, I've always found drawing (or doing anything, really) with
a mouse to be akin to drawing with a brick. With a stylus, it's just
like using a regular ol' pencil!

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ----- It's BACK!! AND they APOLOGIZED!
LOL!

Old August 23rd 07, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

hi jenn, :-)
installed one new h/d ok.
now need to set second old one as slave and see if i can figure out how to
get the data off it.
it failed the diagnostics test for 'read' and 'verify' sections.
hence the replacements.
once i do that, i'll remove it, install second new h/d, set it as slave and
whenever i have to save important stuff will save it to both h/d's.
should cover me for any future h/d crashing.
i know there are easier ways to save stuff but seems the easiest for me.
i think retrieval will take me some time to figure out tho.
also got to install some new ram sticks.
the ones in there now are 2 x 256, 533 mhz.
new ones are 2 x 512, 667 mhz.
could ya ask J if the 667 is a worry with the system i have.
only info i could find in manual and on bios show only 400 and 533 mhz,
nothing there about using higher.
i presume this is the speed they work at?
if that is correct, is it likely to blow up my motherboard? power unit? ram
sticks themselves?
soon as i work that one out will install and hopefully be able to do more
things on here at once.
hugz,
jeanne

"Jenn/Jalynne" wrote...
Are you back yet??? We miss you...

Jenn in Tacoma

Old August 23rd 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

ta, Debra,
if i can retrieve the data off old h/d i'll be ok.
if i cant, i'll just have to start all over again.
i'll be asking here for links, lol.
cheers,
jeanne

"Debra" wrote...

Old August 23rd 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

goooooooolllllllllllllllly!!
who'da'thunk, eh.
blush'n in the south pacific,
jeanne

"Polly Esther" wrote...
We miss you soooooo badly. Polly

Old August 23rd 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

i only have two hands for goodness sakes.
sokay, i can now switch button uses to alleviate the CT issues that might
show up.
new mouse is cool tho.
its the optical with a wire. $12 + GST @12.5%
they keep getting cheaper and cheaper, lol.
sorry i didnt mean to write a laser mouse.
cheers,
jeanne

"Connie" wrote...
[...]

sad news another LQS has died Helen in MN Quilting 12 January 2nd 05 11:54 AM
Hard Drive Failure ALZ Quilting 9 December 3rd 04 12:56 AM
My Gerty Died Sharon Harper Quilting 12 May 26th 04 10:59 PM
OT -- Colby Died BeckiBead Beads 2 March 21st 04 01:18 AM
back from hard drive hell Mystified One Quilting 3 January 27th 04 11:36 PM