anyone still use their vcr?

Old October 8th 05, 10:43 PM
Sally Swindells

We have a dedicated channel number on ours for satellite - doesn't
matter what satellite programme, same number. Unfortunately DS is
inclined to change it if he's here for some reason. Its either A1 or
A2 at the moment, so I have the present setting marked on the recorder
(and I usually do a test run to make sure I've really remembered which
it is!). Our TV is digital and the recorder isn't so the picture
quality is a bit iffy. With all the new advances and changes coming
(one big electrical store has already stopped selling Video recorders)
we will save our pennies for a DVD (or whatever has superceded
them!).--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 20:08:10 GMT, "Butterfly"
wrote:

Still use mine to tape Simply Quilts at eeek o'clock. Even got a new one
this year....have had quite a time getting it to 'record' from Dish
Satellite. So far it has only recorded ONE show : ( And it says EASY set-up!
Yeah, right : )

Butterfly

"Bobbie Sews Moore" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I still use the VCR to watch information type tapes---Sewing with Nancy,
and DH looks at wood work tapes that he sometimes gets. Got any of those
types you want to get rid of?
Barbara in SC
"quilter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm cleaning today - well, not really, but wandering aimlessly from
room to room thinking about cleaning...I just had a thought: anyone
want to trade VCR tapes for fat quarters or scraps? I have donated a
lot of videos over the past few years, but still have quite a few left
that I'd like to part with. Email me if you'd like a list.
(In case this seems too off-topic, one is "how to make an american
quilt").

Lynn

Old October 8th 05, 10:44 PM
frood

LOL! So do I! But thanks anyway. ;-)

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"quilter" wrote in message
oups.com...
That's a nice idea, Gen.
No, sorry, Linda, no centennial series.
Hey, Wendy, I just remembered that I do have Jim Hensen's Dark Crystal
in my pile of tapes.

-Lynn

Old October 8th 05, 10:46 PM
Sharon Harper

Our VCR has been banished to the playroom where the kids use it to watch
their videos. DH promised to transfer all my videos (Titanic, Lord of the
Dance, etc) to DVD but hasn't as yet, so I too am banished to the playroom
when I wish to be a "chick". We have a DVD recorder/player with hard drive
in the lounge which tapes all those shows we like but can't possibly keep up
with, for us, and then we watch them minus the ads (Gosh bless Fast Forward)
when we get the time.

quicker)

Old October 8th 05, 10:55 PM
WitchyStitcher

If you have TIVO, do you like it? Is it worth it? How hard is it to
hook it up?

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:14:28 GMT, "Calico"
wrote:

You don't by any chance have the Centennial series (12 tapes) do you?

Linda, in PA

roups.com...

Old October 8th 05, 11:49 PM
Pauline

We have Dishnet - same idea as Tivo, I guess. Do you need a dish installed
for Tivo? We have 2 dishes - 2 boxes & 2 TV's. I can't remember what life
was like without prerecording my TV shows! Shameful, huh? The drawback is
that so often, we'll be out & for some reason, someone will bring up a great
commercial & ask if we've seen it - NOPE! We fast forward thru the ads!
Sounds like some of the ads might be better than the shows!!

Pauline

wrote:

You don't by any chance have the Centennial series (12 tapes) do you?

Linda, in PA

roups.com...

Old October 9th 05, 12:38 AM
Lisa McRoberts

I have a DVR which is like TIVO, except that it is rented from the cable
company. The advantage over TIVO is that is most cases TIVO can only
record one station at a time. The DVR can record 2. I really love it.
I watch hour long talk shows in 20 minutes by FF-ing through the
guests I am not interested in. The cable company hooks it up. Although
after the Florida hurricanes last year I went to the company to exchange
my box/ DVR and my 12 year old daughter hooked it up.

wrote:

You don't by any chance have the Centennial series (12 tapes) do you?

Linda, in PA

groups.com...

Old October 9th 05, 01:02 AM
Nann Hilyard

Lynn (and everyone),

Your local library will welcome videotapes for the next booksale. Our
in-the-lobby ongoing sale brings in upwards of $500 per month. (Proceeds
from October will be sent to help restock/rebuild libraries in Louisiana.)

Nann
Official Librarian of RCTQ

Old October 9th 05, 03:24 AM
Butterfly

We are suppose to also.but it doesn't record on that channel so we are now
to 'hunt and peck'. Hopefully it WILL be the right one one of these days.

Butterfly

wrote:

Still use mine to tape Simply Quilts at eeek o'clock. Even got a new one
this year....have had quite a time getting it to 'record' from Dish
Satellite. So far it has only recorded ONE show : ( And it says EASY
set-up!
Yeah, right : )

Butterfly

thlink.net...

Old October 9th 05, 04:54 AM
Donna in Idaho

We have a Tivo and can record two shows at the same time. You have to have
connection of 2 satellite inputs from a Direct Dual - LNB satellite dish.
We have only a receiver on our bedroom TV and the Tivo connected to the TV
in the living room. A few weeks ago we wanted to see a football game, but
there were 2 shows on at the same time that we wanted to watch. So, we
recorded the two shows & watched the football game on the TV in the bedroom!
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

m...

wrote:

You don't by any chance have the Centennial series (12 tapes) do you?

Linda, in PA

egroups.com...

Old October 9th 05, 04:58 AM
Polly Esther

Wait, wait, Nann. Mississippi was hit by the northeast quadrant of Katrina
for nearly 12 hours and most libraries suffered badly. Please remember them
when you have your sale. Lots of them went under at least 3 to 30 feet of
water. They need your help too. Polly

news