Thanks, and need opinions

Old September 15th 05, 11:48 AM
Roberta Zollner

Default Thanks, and need opinions

First the thanks: To Melissa for the monthly appliqué session! (I like the
pieced blocks too, but haven't found them too challenging yet!) Appliqué was
never my thing, but the discipline of doing some every month has improved my
skills quite a bit. To the extent that I Voluntarily added appliqué to the
corners of the latest floor mosaic (looks quite like the original floor).
Thanks Melissa -I plan to add your name to the eventual label as
inspiration!

Now the question. I've added 3 photos to the Mosaic Floors album (and
devoutly hope this link will take you there). They should be the last 3.
Tell me which border you like better, the plain dark blue or the printed
border stripe.

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...51241728OelHwe

Roberta in D

Old September 15th 05, 12:12 PM
Rita in MA

Hi Roberta,

That is spectacular! I like the dark blue border. I can see where you
are going with the print; the blues are perfect. However, in the
"overall" the print seems not to fit. Just my two cents and you know
how much that will buy :-)

Rita L.

Old September 15th 05, 12:24 PM
Elizabeth Wilson

The floor tiles are exquisite! I prefer the dark blue also. While the
lighter blue print is beautiful, I think the solid makes your tiles zing.

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas.

Old September 15th 05, 12:47 PM
Sally Swindells

For me its definitely the blue - makes the centre stand out. Its
gorgeous.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old September 15th 05, 12:47 PM
Estelle Gallagher

Hi Roberta. For me I would go for the plain Blue.I would'nt want to detract
from the wonderful centre!! Estelle uk

Old September 15th 05, 01:35 PM
Pat in Virginia

Roberta,
Excellent workmanship! From aesthetic point of view, I like the
dark blue. The print is pretty but a tad busy. The answer might
lie in your goal. Do you want to keep it true to the real floor?
Which is more authentic to the actual building?
PAt in VA/USA

Old September 15th 05, 01:54 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

A little clipping and I found the pictures - since your block pattern is so
complex - I'd use the solid. The border print takes away from the work in
the block and does nothing to enhance the over all design. It just sorta
goes blah.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old September 15th 05, 02:17 PM
Patti

Boy, that's a stunner, Roberta! It's really terrific.

If you are only choosing between these two, then, for me, it would have
to be the dark blue.
I do like the patterned border fabric, but not for this position. It
seems to be the wrong colours combination; but also, it is delicate -
and the centre is anything but. It is also organic, and the centre is
so geometric (apart from the corner appliqués). I can see how a print
would enhance the centre, but I would have to relate the colours and, to
a lesser extent, the style.
(I shall now look and read the other comments!! I get much more fun if
I do my reply beforehand!)

Congratulations on the work involved in this one, whatever you decide.
..
In message , Roberta Zollner
writes
First the thanks: To Melissa for the monthly appliqué session! (I like the
pieced blocks too, but haven't found them too challenging yet!) Appliqué was
never my thing, but the discipline of doing some every month has improved my
skills quite a bit. To the extent that I Voluntarily added appliqué to the
corners of the latest floor mosaic (looks quite like the original floor).
Thanks Melissa -I plan to add your name to the eventual label as
inspiration!

Now the question. I've added 3 photos to the Mosaic Floors album (and
devoutly hope this link will take you there). They should be the last 3.
Tell me which border you like better, the plain dark blue or the printed
border stripe.

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...51241728OelHwe

Roberta in D

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 15th 05, 03:37 PM
Roberta Zollner

I've already "edited" a bit of this floor. Didn't feel like doing the ring
of 64 hexagonal polyhedrons that go just next to the opus sestile triangles
:-) The original has a narrow border of black, a wider band of light grey,
then a row of grey squares set on point with a black background. Which would
look very nice, a bit more than just the plain blue but a lot less than the
busy print, but I was feeling lazy. Now that everyone has voted for the
blue, I may have to reconsider. Already spent so much time on this, what's
a few more days?
Roberta in D

newsUdWe.3246$GK2.95@lakeread07...