A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Needlework
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Visual representation of a tatted insertion pattern

Old March 11th 14, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Leah Virsik
external usenet poster

Default Visual representation of a tatted insertion pattern

Hello,

Would anyone be so kind as to draw a picture of what these tatting instructions look like?

Tatted Insertion
Blue and ecru knitting cotton, No. 40 was used for this. Tie the ends of two colors with ecru, make clover leaf by 4 doubles (4 ds.) picot (p.) 3 ds., p. 2 ds., p. 2ds., p. 3 ds., p. 4ds., draw, begin second ring close up, 4 ds., join a to last p. in first ring, 3 ds., p. 2 ds., p. 2 ds., p. 3 ds., p. 4ds., draw, 3rd ring like 2nd. with blue thread make chain of 8 yds, 1 long picot 8 ds., clover leaf of ecru joining middle of first ring to middle p. in last ring of the preceding clover leaf. With blue make chain of 8 ds.., join to long picot in 1st chain 8 ds. (clover leaf), repeat until you have 6 clover leaves joining the last to the first.

This pattern is from an old Comfort magazine from the 1910's-20's.

I understand the first part of the three rings but I am unclear about the chain. I am using two shuttles and believe I could do it if I could picture the final result. In the last sentence it says joining the last to the first, does this mean the end result is a circle? I thought the end result would be a flat insertion.

Thanks so much!

Leah
Ads