PING the gadget queen

Old October 5th 11, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default PING the gadget queen

We need you to get yourself together. It is time to begin our gift wish
list. How are we supposed to know what we want if you're not out surveying
the new good stuff? Polly

Old October 5th 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 05/10/2011 14:59, Polly Esther wrote:
We need you to get yourself together. It is time to begin our gift wish
list. How are we supposed to know what we want if you're not out
surveying the new good stuff? Polly

Not Nel, but Su the business partner ans I are about to spend TWO WHOLE
DAYS at Alexandra Palace at the Knitting & Stitching Show. We'll get
some research in.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 5th 11, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 05/10/11 17:00, Kate XXXXXX wrote:
On 05/10/2011 14:59, Polly Esther wrote:
We need you to get yourself together. It is time to begin our gift wish
list. How are we supposed to know what we want if you're not out
surveying the new good stuff? Polly

Not Nel, but Su the business partner ans I are about to spend TWO WHOLE
DAYS at Alexandra Palace at the Knitting & Stitching Show. We'll get
some research in.

Oooh, I'm jealous. Some of my new quilting friends from my holiday in
Spain are going to be there on the Friday. I shall have to wait until
the end of November when the same show comes up north to Harrogate.

Have a great time!

Lizzy

Old October 6th 11, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

I'm going in November, too. My birthday is around then, so it's my
treat to myself.

NAYY

As for gadgets. Funny, that. I'm seriously in lust with a few at the
moment, but they are all in the States and they ain't cheap before you
even mention postage!

I have been playing with YouTube and Vimeo. They have some superb
videos of gadgets and people showing you how to use them etc. Then I
can search out and see what's what.

I recently got a binding Tool from Missouri Quilt Co. I'm loving
that. It works well, and I fancy doing the plaited/braided quilt they
show as I have been cutting strips whilst taming my stash.

However, I am seriously in lust with Martelli Enterprises Zip Bind
Tool set and their Roundabout mat. VELLY expensive, but they look
like they do the job. I am putting those on my wish list, but I doubt
I shall be lucky enough.

I got one of Jean Brown's hoops earlier in the year and I just love
that. I am looking at Barnitt's new travelling version, but I really
can't justify another one so similar, but I like that his breaks down
for portage. I like the Aunt Becky, and am getting good use out of
that; my quilting has become much quicker and the stitches are
consistent.

On MY list is Sue Pelland Designs Leaves Galore rulers. Again, I
shall have to look into postage, and have a project in mind before I
order.

I like Golden Threads paper, so looked at their Quilter's Assistant
Proportional Wheel, which resizes patterns so you can get them right
on a photocopier. But then on www,perfectborders.com you can buy
already sized borders. I've got them bookmarked, but I haven't bought
them yet. Maybe someone else has tried those?

What else? Mistyfuse for appliqué; Derwent Inktense pencils; iron-off
chalk liner (SP again, I think); transfer-eze?

Oh, when I came so unstuck with that Boston Common quilt, I invested
in a Golden hands Sure Block cloth. I couldn't get the padding in the
UK at the time (found it now) so used a blanket. That is a nice bit
of kit, and it did help. I use MDF for the board, but that was a bit
heavy. They suggest particle board, but I couldn't source that here.
Never mind.

Wow! Will that lot do to be getting on with? I seem to be doing an
advertising job, here, but I've been on a roll recently. All the
above, are only MY opinions. Everything is to the taste of the person
who uses them, so no implied recommendation, etc. They are just a few
of the things that have taken my eye.

Have a hunt around on YouTube. There are some really interesting
things about (and remember my idea of a gadget is possibly that I
could do it cheaper and possibly easier, but I just like kit!) lol!

Enjoy!
Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Old October 7th 11, 09:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 06/10/2011 19:00, Sartorresartus wrote:
I'm going in November, too. My birthday is around then, so it's my
treat to myself.

Wonder if we could meet up for a coffee or lunch? Let's try to
co-ordinate on which day to go, the same day would help :-)

Lizzy
Old October 7th 11, 11:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

Sounds like a winner. Won't know till nearer the time, but I usually
go on the Friday, as it is less crowded.

Have you got my email addy? I was in the ancient forum list, and
haven't changed it. However, I've last my list in the latest computer
upgrade, so I doubt I have yours to hand. I can give you mine if you
haven't got it.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)