OT GAH!!

Old October 1st 11, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT GAH!!

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 02:29:43 -0700, Sunny wrote:

Taria, I have discovered an unexpected benefit to being pushed out of
the family totally by my sisters -- nobody has told me how defective I
am in almost 3 years now. It's pretty awesome. I'm actually starting to
forget that I'm fat, clumsy, ruined my children, have a defective
marriage and can't do anything right enough.

What? You were never snotty, over-reaching, presumptuous, or over-
confident?
Your sisters are slackers!

Mine tends to alternate that lot with it's antonyms.
She always was a bit of an overachiever at slagging off on people.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old October 1st 11, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_7_]

As the old saying goes, "You can pick your friends, but you can't pick
your family!" Some family members are best kept at great distance - a
very, great distance!

Donna in Idaho

On Sat, 01 Oct 2011 07:15:46 -0700, Sandy
wrote:

In article
30193238.374.1317461383565.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@prfc6,
Sunny wrote:

Taria, I have discovered an unexpected benefit to being pushed out of the
family totally by my sisters -- nobody has told me how defective I am in
almost 3 years now. It's pretty awesome. I'm actually starting to forget that
I'm fat, clumsy, ruined my children, have a defective marriage and can't do
anything right enough.

Sunny

Sunny, my DT (my only "real" sister) doesn't do that to me, but I know
what you mean, because my mother did. She doesn't any longer because I
had to distance myself from her about 12-13 years ago, and it turns out
to have been a very good decision, sad as that sounds. Sometimes family
just can't remain "family".

Old October 1st 11, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I keep my distance more and more. 5 girls and 2 boys that are all
opinionated is tough really
for all of us. My dad is what keeps us putting up with each other for the
most part at this
point.
Thanks Sunny, Taria