OT GAH!!

Old September 24th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT GAH!!

*trots out to find a barn door to start kicking*
*kick kick kick kick KICK*

What the heck is wrong with my siblings?

I call my brother because I want at least one other person out west to
know what is up with me before I talk to my dad. All things considered
this struck me as a good idea.
Well when I get hold of him he tells me that my dad is not home.
He decided to come back east to visit on his own, got lost, ended up in
southeast Kansas, bogged the van down in a patch of mud, started walking
to find some help, got picked up by state troopers, and landed in a
hospital for a fourteen day mental fitness observation of which this is
day 5.

So would it have killed my brother or sister to actually have picked up a
phone and let me know what was going on? I was so shocked that it was
nearly half an hour after I hung up the phone before I realized that I
hadn't even been told what city he is in.

GAH!!!!!!!

*kick kick KICK KICK KICKKICKKICK*

NightMist
does this make three things this year? I really hope so!

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old September 24th 11, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

(((((Nightmist))))
Sorry but that is the best I can do....

Dee in Oz

Old September 24th 11, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

Oh no, it seems that somebody is really having it in for you. I hope that
things will get better, that the darned thing in your belly is nothing
really bad, and that your siblings will come to their senses. I myself have
two brothers, one of whom is a smarmy sleazy slimeball, while the other is a
really nice lad. (Interesting side info: Brother A became a patent lawyer
while brother B became an electric engineer and programmer. B is married to
a nice girl, while A lost another girlfriend because she 'missed a certain
cordiality and warmth' as rumour has it.) Well, you can't bake 'em, so you
have to take 'em the way they come. I feel with you, and here's a hug:
{{{{NightMist}}}}

U.

P.S.: If it was me, after finishing kicking the barn door, I'd pick up the
phone again and ask dear brother for the name of the city. And perhaps I'd
also sit down and write a nice old-fashioned letter to tell him in polite
words what I think of not letting me know about my father. Might take a
couple of crumpled sheets of paper before it's fit to send. ;-)

Old September 24th 11, 07:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Cyber hugs don't come anywhere near being enough but from this side of
the pond there is little else I can do. Siblings....don't get me
started. I have 1 brother and he's more trouble than he's worth.

Hang in there!

Claudia

Old September 24th 11, 12:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

(((Hugs))) Don't hurt your foot -put on the steel-toe boots first.
I sometimes wonder what my parents were thinking when they had my
brother. Maybe they should have had some mental evaluation. Kidding!
sort of! He has a certain charm. Glad I don't live anywhere near.
Roberta in D

Old September 24th 11, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_2_]

Sorry to hear about your Dad.
Something similar happened to my Dad only it was the 'nurse' at the
retirment village he lived in that arranged for him to be admitted for psych
evaluation and she didn't tell my two brothers or my sister and me.
They had him drugged to the hilt and he only ever wore his PJs because
another inmate stole all his clothes - we found all this out after he had
been in there for two weeks. The family thought he was out and about and
wasn't worried because we thought the 'nurse' would ring us to come and fix
up whatever might be a problem.

We were sooooooooo angry, it took us about 5 months to get him out and into
a nursing home near my sister where he spent many happy days until he died.

Ring your brother, give him a piece of you mind then tell your Dad you love
him when you get to speak to him.

Comforting thoughts on the way.

Di
Vic Australia

Old September 26th 11, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Siblings ... the less said the better. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this while dealing with your own very real health issues.

Sunny
(knows one or two things about siblings)
Old September 26th 11, 10:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I'd have a tough time remembering how worthless I am if it weren't for my
sibs.

Hope NM's dad gets where he needs to be and well taken care of.
Taria

Old September 29th 11, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 20:09:48 -0500, NightMist wrote
(in article ):

[...]

(((NightMist))) BROTHERS!!

Maureen

Old October 1st 11, 10:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Taria, I have discovered an unexpected benefit to being pushed out of the family totally by my sisters -- nobody has told me how defective I am in almost 3 years now. It's pretty awesome. I'm actually starting to forget that I'm fat, clumsy, ruined my children, have a defective marriage and can't do anything right enough.

Sunny