OT The Blonde Efficiency Expert sez-

Old August 17th 10, 02:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz Megerle

Default OT The Blonde Efficiency Expert sez-

I've had to research that very issue years ago. Onyx ate a container of
cocoa mix. It is mostly sugar, and she was fine.
Liz

Dr. Zachary Smith wrote:
Whoah! Careful there, Donna - chocolate is extremely poisonous to
dogs!
http://tinyurl.com/25j2f78

The stronger the chocolate/cocoa, the more poisonous, so they often
get away with small amounts of milk chocolate with no/little adverse
effects. Half a can of hot cocoa mix might not be too bad since it's
likely mostly suger, but if that were half a can of pure cocoa, I'd be
(personally) heading to the vets!

Doc

On Aug 14, 10:16 pm, "Donna in Idaho"
wrote:
Now I don't feel so bad about dumping almost half a can of hot cocoa mix all
over the cabinet top and floor one morning. I'm sure it was easier to clean
up than the Parmesan was.

Donna in Idaho

Old August 17th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

We had one - several dogs & decades ago - that stole & ate about a
pound of M&Ms.
She was lucky to get away with a case of the squirts, but we still
took her in and watched carefully (and modified our chocolate storage
protocols).

wrote:
Now I don't feel so bad about dumping almost half a can of hot cocoa mix all
over the cabinet top and floor one morning. *I'm sure it was easier to clean
up than the Parmesan was.

Donna in Idaho- Hide quoted text -

Old August 17th 10, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

My dogs don't steal people food. They just don't. Cat food is another
thing. Maybe they know I take my chow
pretty seriously. Dogs are smart that way. M&M's are kind of dangerous to
keep in the house. I tend to eat stuff like that pretty quick so I try not
to keep it here. Lemon drops are always in the candy dish though, just
like grandma Elsie had. : )
Taria

Old August 17th 10, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Are you saying that if you left an open pkg. of sandwich steaks or an
open pepperoni & sausage pizza on the floor in front of the fireplace
that none of your dogs would touch it? Cuz that's where the M&Ms got
left (Hey, I said it was decades ago - first house, first dog, no
furniture, romantic evening in front of the fire.... We fell asleep
and left the candy out.) I've been able to *train* dogs not to steal
stuff like that, but if left to their own proclivities, food usually
wins out - especially with no training otherwise.

Doc

Old August 18th 10, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Doc,
Probably ginger might but georgia wouldn't. Georgia is pretty special. We
don't eat much meat anymore so it is tough to know. I'll do some testing
and report back. Dogs are confined to a 'safe' zone at night and because
the cats wander we keep things pretty tidy. They never eat off the counter.
They just don't. Ants are a big problem so there just isn't stuff left
around. I guess they
are not left alone very much to get into trouble. I need to get out more.
Taria

Old August 18th 10, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

Those same many decades ago we had a thieving cat as well as the
thieving dog in question. One day DW had left a piece of meat on the
counter to defrost. We heard a crash from the kitchen, and when we
went to investigate, it was impossible to tell if it were either
culprit or a conspiracy. As I recall, DW got mad at everyone,
(including herself) and we began a program of putting masking tape
traps along the edges of the counters (and relocating comestibles).

Doc

On Aug 18, 12:17*am, "Taria" wrote:
Doc,
Probably ginger might but georgia wouldn't. *Georgia is pretty special. * We
don't eat much meat anymore so it is tough to know. *I'll do some testing
and report back. * Dogs are confined to a 'safe' zone at night and because
the cats wander we keep things pretty tidy. They never eat off the counter.

AD: Long Time Bead Seller Sez: "I QUIT!" 70% off all beads, findings beadplay Beads 1 January 29th 09 11:54 AM
Knot Efficiency / Strength Table? Davej Knots 4 October 13th 08 09:04 PM
AD: Blonde the Boy Cindy Schoepp Beads 1 October 18th 05 02:03 PM
OT - Blonde Joke Sherry Starr Quilting 1 September 7th 05 01:47 PM
OT - Blonde joke LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 0 August 30th 03 04:35 PM