OT The Blonde Efficiency Expert sez-

Old August 14th 10, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT The Blonde Efficiency Expert sez-

Wanna learn a cool, no-hassle, no effort, no cost way to get your kitchen
floor mopped?

I was making some Parmesan Garlic Bread to go with my salad and meatloaf. I
buttered the bread and grabbed the green shaker container of good ol' Kraft
Grated Parmesan Cheese. It had formed into a lump, so I gave it four good
*hard* shakes. But..... the top wasn't completely closed. I have
Parmesan cheese down my shirt/bra, in my hair, in my purse, covering the
butter in the butter dish, all over the countertops, the dishes in the dish
drainer and the floor...... and the backs of each of my three dogs was
generously sprinkled with cheese, too.

The HairyButt Gang was more than happy to 'mop' the kitchen floor with their
tongues and get it all nice and sticky clean! As an added bonus, they
licked each other clean, too! Well, on each others' backs. Where the
cheese landed.....

Never a dull moment in *my* house!

Happy Friday The Thirteenth!!!

Leslie & The CheesyBack Gang in MO.

Old August 14th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:24:40 -0500, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

[...]

HaHa! A "Kodak Moment" for sure!

-Irene
Old August 14th 10, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Sounds like some of the fun we have around here but you seem to do it bigger
and better than we do! What fun for the hairy butt gang. I'd say stay
outta trouble but it is probably too late for that.
Taria

Old August 14th 10, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I bet our kitchen is stickier than yours is; probably doesn't smell as
yummy.
We've been warned for days that a violent storm was coming in.
Apparently the ants watch the weather channel. They decided to march in the
kitchen window, across the sill, parade across the counter and head for the
refrigerator. We don't know if they knew how to open the door or not.
I didn't want to spray my food prep area with ant poison but had to do
something to defeat their plan for storm shelter. After removing the
critters with damp wads of scrap batting, sealing them inside a zip bag and
placing them in the freezer, I decided good old Vick's Salve would interfere
with their sense of smell. I daubed some around the window sill. That just
about works. ( For you furriners, Vick's Salve is sort of like petroleum
jelly with a hefty dose of menthol. sort of.)
DD mentioned that ants are terribly offended by touching their tiny feet
on cotton balls so I stuffed some in the Vick's Salve on the window sill.
Now and then, an indian scout ant will venture through (with clear sinuses)
but mostly the attack has stopped.
If Martha Stewart happens by to see our 'window treatment', we hope she
knows something about ants. She would probably just take their tv away from
them. Polly

Old August 14th 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Aug 13, 7:24*pm, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
[...]

Reminds me of the story...Folks came to dinner at a friend's house.
For some reason, the cleanliness of the dishes was questioned. The
hosts replied 'Our dishes are as clean as soap and water can get
them'. After everyone, including guests, had finished dinner the
hosts put all the plates on the floor and called 'Soap'; 'Water' and
the 2 dogs ran to the plates and licked them clean! Mind you, ours do
go in the dishwasher after that! Never have to worry about spilled/
dropped foodstuffs in our house!

Kim in NJ
Old August 14th 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

Oh my - I miss hearing stories about the Hairy Butt Gang. What a picture
that is running around in my mind.

--
Cindy from GA
(but wants to be in MO)

Old August 14th 10, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

wrote:
[...]

I needed only read the sender and the first line to anticipate the
rest - takes one to know one. Anything tasty that gets dropped on our
floor gets the whole floor cleaned... just in case there might be
more. The latest game is bug-hunting. Ears cocked forward with
concentration like you only hear about. He seems to have a special
prediliction for no-see-ums - he can both see-um *and* catch-um...
Clomp!

Reminds me of the story...Folks came to dinner at a friend's house.
For some reason, the cleanliness of the dishes was questioned. *The
hosts replied 'Our dishes are as clean as soap and water can get
them'. *After everyone, including guests, had finished dinner the
hosts put all the plates on the floor and called 'Soap'; 'Water' and
the 2 dogs ran to the plates and licked them clean! *Mind you, ours do
go in the dishwasher after that! *Never have to worry about spilled/
dropped foodstuffs in our house!

Kim in NJ- Hide quoted text -

For a second there, I thought you were going to say they had one of
these...
http://www.gentlegiantsrescue.com/im...ers%20work.jpg

But it sounds like an old movie I saw recently - don't recall the
title - with two great danes named, "Get off the rug!" and "You too!"

Doc
Old August 14th 10, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

these...http://www.gentlegiantsrescue.com/im...rs%20work..jpg

But it sounds like an old movie I saw recently - don't recall the
title - with two great danes named, "Get off the rug!" and "You too!"

Doc- Hide quoted text -

That would be mine if I let her!
Old August 15th 10, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

Now I don't feel so bad about dumping almost half a can of hot cocoa mix all
over the cabinet top and floor one morning. I'm sure it was easier to clean
up than the Parmesan was.

Donna in Idaho

signature database 5367 (20100814) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5367 (20100814) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old August 15th 10, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Sheesh! It was like having Italian-flavored dandruff! I had to wash my
hair- every time I sat down The HairyButt Gang mobbed me trying to lick my
hair. Yuck! ;-)

I'm still picking Parmesan out of my purse. I had to do some extensive
explaining at the grocery store this afternoon when I pulled out my money
and cheese came with it!

I feel your pain with having a messy kitchen.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO

"Donna in Idaho" wrote in message
[...]

AD: Long Time Bead Seller Sez: "I QUIT!" 70% off all beads, findings beadplay Beads 1 January 29th 09 11:54 AM
Knot Efficiency / Strength Table? Davej Knots 4 October 13th 08 09:04 PM
AD: Blonde the Boy Cindy Schoepp Beads 1 October 18th 05 02:03 PM
OT - Blonde Joke Sherry Starr Quilting 1 September 7th 05 01:47 PM
OT - Blonde joke LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 0 August 30th 03 04:35 PM