Ok all you silent types

Old May 13th 10, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Default Ok all you silent types

On May 12, 8:15*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
One line - what are you stitching

ME
Bloom from M-Designs

There is a huge divide between what I am stitching and what I should
be stitching.
Makes me unhappy to think about it.

But I decided that this week was about pleasure stitching so:

I'm working on Pam Darney's "Love and Live Happy" sampler and Eileen
Bennet's "Little Green Acorns."

That makes one Quaker and one 17th century inspired sampler.

Donna in Virginia
Old May 13th 10, 02:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On May 12, 9:23*am, "The Lady Gardener"
wrote:
Mine is a Deruta Biscornu Designs By Italian designer Guilia Manfredini.
Just started it, and need to rip out one side - one stitch out, in one
direction. *Enough to make me weep.

In the corner, looking at me I have 2 x etui and smalls both by Betsy Morgan
awaiting construction.

Joanne in sunny Western Australia

Which Betsy pieces? I'm so fortunate to have her in my EGA chapter. We
get to see beautiful, fantastic things from her all the time!

Donna in Virginia

Old May 13th 10, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

wrote:
Mine is a Deruta Biscornu Designs By Italian designer Guilia Manfredini.
Just started it, and need to rip out one side - one stitch out, in one
direction. Enough to make me weep.

In the corner, looking at me I have 2 x etui and smalls both by Betsy Morgan
awaiting construction.

Joanne in sunny Western Australia

Which Betsy pieces? I'm so fortunate to have her in my EGA chapter. We
get to see beautiful, fantastic things from her all the time!

Donna in Virginia

I don't know whether to bless you ladies or curse you!! I was leading a
very happy life until I googled these names, and now I feel I can't live
without this:

http://www.puntiantichi.com/site/mod...php?itemid=221

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old May 13th 10, 08:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Keith Barber

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C810140D.A5B8B%
:

One line - what are you stitching

ME
Bloom from M-Designs

Celtic Autumn, to be followed by Celtic Winter
Old May 13th 10, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/13/10 3:07 PM, in article
, "Keith Barber"
wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C810140D.A5B8B%
:

One line - what are you stitching

ME
Bloom from M-Designs

Celtic Autumn, to be followed by Celtic Winter

Those are big projects

Old May 15th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
One line - what are you stitching

ME
Bloom from M-Designs

Our English Heritage sampler by Darlene O'Steen.

http://www.wyndhamneedleworks.com/Ne...ge_sampler.htm

Mavia

Old May 16th 10, 01:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 5/12/10 8:15 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

One line - what are you stitching

ME
Bloom from M-Designs

Working details on 3 different original designs. Got to have them finished
up, and then "finished." Right now playing with a couple of layered,
multi-thread stitches to get them just so.

Next - starting on the symphony of Queen Stitches for the on-line class
which I (& Donna) are taking.

Then....hmmm... A little bit of finishing on 3 canvas pieces that have to go
to the framers by August (they're between 80% and 95% done).

And, finally - picking back up my Quaker Sampler diamond design - which is
about half done. And looks longingly at me from it's place being ignored.

Ellice

Old May 16th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 5/13/10 11:05 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

wrote:
Mine is a Deruta Biscornu Designs By Italian designer Guilia Manfredini.
Just started it, and need to rip out one side - one stitch out, in one
direction. Enough to make me weep.

In the corner, looking at me I have 2 x etui and smalls both by Betsy Morgan
awaiting construction.

Joanne in sunny Western Australia

Which Betsy pieces? I'm so fortunate to have her in my EGA chapter. We
get to see beautiful, fantastic things from her all the time!

Donna in Virginia

I don't know whether to bless you ladies or curse you!! I was leading a
very happy life until I googled these names, and now I feel I can't live
without this:

http://www.puntiantichi.com/site/mod...php?itemid=221

sue

She has a lot of really nice designs. I wonder if Sara Leigh still has any
of her charts that she's selling discounted - she had a big clearance sale
today from the Scarlet Thread - 'cause now she's only doing canvas and a
more limited thread selection with the web store. Might be worth contacting
her.

Ellice

Old May 16th 10, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

On Sat, 15 May 2010 20:10:08 -0400, "Ellice K."
wrote:

Oooh - very nice. I keep thinking about doing one of the Mandalas and just
can't decide. When do we get to see a pic?

Ellice

Deciding is the hard part! Call me pathetic, but I don't know how to
post pictures.
This is actually my 4th or 5th mandala. I really enjoy stitching
them.
A slighly related question for anyone with a b&m shop: I've had a
yard of antique white 28 ct. Lugana on backorder for several months
now. Is anyone else experiencing difficulties getting fabric, and if
so, why? A standard fat quarter isn't quite big enough for most of
the mandalas, so I've been buying fabric by the yard.

Sara