as promised a catch up

Old September 22nd 13, 02:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default as promised a catch up

Hey Gang.

Lots going on here, so while I wait for the tea to steep and the girls
sleep, I'll give you all a brief catch-up

K (aka DS) is now a senior at UNH in the poly-sci department. He's
hoping to find a job as a law clerk or clerk of the courts for a bit
while he decides what to do. He spent a compressed semester in Berlin
Germany, working on his fluency and making up credits that didn't
transfer when he did. He got to spend a weekend with DH's cousins over
there. Though it does seem most of the pictures he took were of the
different beers he tried.

E (aka DD) is now a HS sophomore. She's plunged full force in to the HS
social stuff - is still playing ice hockey and lacrosse and plans to go
out again this year for both. She goes to the HS football games when
it's a home game or fairly local. Grades are still good and she's still
going the performance chorus. (I'll share links if anyone wants a listen
- the entire music department here wins lots of awards.) Oh and when she
wakes up, I'll see what color her hair is - it's supposed to be purple
and blue ombre.

Me - working when I get hours and will work extra as they neeed someone.
Crafting/stitching wise, I'm trying to move beyond my comfort zone and
working with more "stuff" fabric, buttons, beads etc. Though I'm still
going lots of regular old cross stitch too. I'm doing three round robins
with facebook groups. One blackwork, two cross stitch (should be working
on those right now). I also have a tote that I'm knitting to felt and
some ornaments to finish and a crazy quilt project that shouldn't take
long to finish if I could just get over a mental block with it.
Otherwise, I'm trying to clean out the basements one box at at time and
other such small projects. Wink Wink I did find a popup hamper full of
yarn that I gave to co-work who has taken up crochet. The rest of the
yarn will go to a local thrift shop.

Another thing I spend my free time on is hitting thrift stores. I've
found some neat stuff - fabric, an old cut work piece from WonderArt
that must be 50 years old (I only picked it up because I touched the
fabric looking at something else. OMG is it lovely to touch).

Nice thing about work, is while it is quiet, I can read or knit or stitch.

the other half is well too. We're both just kind of counting the days
until he can retire - right after E gets out of college I think....

As promised Kim Graham[_2_] Quilting 8 June 6th 12 03:29 AM
As promised- The Pattern! Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. Quilting 7 October 27th 07 02:56 PM
As promised, pix of the finished sweater Wooly Yarn 20 January 21st 06 07:15 PM
UK retreat report as promised annie Quilting 6 March 16th 04 06:44 PM
very OT the promised hol report G.Kelly Yarn 0 November 25th 03 12:48 PM