OT The date is set

Old September 29th 11, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default OT The date is set

This is good news! So glad you don't have to wait many weeks with this
hanging over you. I'll hold you in my thoughts.
Roberta in D

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 00:11:54 +0000, NightMist
wrote:

I had my first appointment up at Roswell today.
I find I have scored one of the top doctors in the gynecology department
there. Of course that means I am a study for residents and interns, I
count myself lucky that he only brought in two to poke at me today.

Surgery is a week from tomorrow. It is a relief to me that they are
being quick about it because not only do I really want this bowling ball
out of my belly, but also I am quite certain that If I get another period
my primary care physician will stick me in the hospital to make sure I
don't bleed to death.

The mass is too big for laparoscopy, so I am looking at 3-5 days in the
hospital. They will start with a total hysterectomy, and then if they
don't like the initial pathology report finish as a radical. Then they
are going to stick me in ICU for at least 24 hours. Apparently they
expect some of my insides to be bruised, and they want to make sure there
are no problems when everything settles back to where it is supposed to
be.

I am not thrilled with some of my pre-surgery stuff, but you have to do
what you have to do.

NightMist

Old September 29th 11, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I'm glad they are not putting you on a wait forever list. We'll all be
sending best wishes for a speedy recovery for you.
Big hugs, Taria

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?

Old September 30th 11, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

I cannot imagine...! Glad you having it out and praying for a smooth
and easy surgery and recovery.

-Irene
Old September 30th 11, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

Nightmist - having weathered more surgeries than I care to think about, one
of my biggest dreads going into surgery is how I react to anything that even
thinks it's a narcotic. And whatever that medication they give you, so you
won't throw up - makes me throw up too! A few years ago, one of the
anesthetists suggested I try the motion sickness little dots that you put
behind your ear. That has worked through 4 surgeries for me, so see if they
will order that up for you, if it doesn't have any ingredients that will
upset you.

Good luck with your surgery. I'm sure you'd like to be on the other side of
the surgery & recovering now, but it'll be here soon enough!

Pauline
Northern California

"NightMist" wrote in message
In this case, total means they take all the lady parts, radical means
they take the associated lymph nodes and some other tissues as well.

I gather that in some hospitals hysterectomy refers to just the uterus,
and they use that longish oo word along with it if they are also going to
take the ovaries and tubes. Here hysterectomy is also counting the
ovaries and tubes.

I am kind of glad you asked because with terms defined I won't have to
try and spell that other term.

I am hopeful on the good drugs.
Since narcotics and acetaminophen make me throw up, pain is usually
something I just have to tell myself will be better tomorrow. DH is
telling me that they will probably just give me something to keep me from
throwing up. Hey I will take that!

NightMist

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 21:12:56 -0500, Polly Esther wrote:

I've been waiting and hoping for news from you, NM. So happy that
they're going to get going and get you repaired and better than new.
The residents and interns are really no problem. I honestly wouldn't
have been surprised if the air conditioner repairman had barged in my
room and said, "Let's take a look at your incision".
Long ago, our DD made florist deliveries. She asked if there had
ever
been any modesty on the ob/gyn floor. Nope. None of that. In the
grand scheme of things, I guess it really doesn't matter.
Being in icu would probably cause me to panic - but - they have
really
lovely drugs in there. You won't care. Really.
The absolute worst of the plans is 3 - 5 days in the hospital. I
hope
you have at least one good accomplice who will bring you a chocolate
milkshake and a double order of fries.
What's the difference in total and radical? Polly

Old September 30th 11, 11:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I am glad for your plan of action, and am praying for you. My
hysteroctomy was the best thing that I ever did for myself. I had sooo
many probs, like you. Sounds wonderful that you have a top doc, too.
Keep us posted.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 1st 11, 10:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

I had the works (hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy)
well over fifteen years ago, and wished it had been earlier than that
( I was 35-ish). Best thing, ever. 24hrs of discomfort, then just
tiredness for a week or six. Be careful to convalesce as slow (or as
fast) as it takes. Yes, we were made to get up as soon as we were
awake, and encouraged to take our drips and walk. Just be careful not
to laugh too heartily for a few days!

Me, I puke blue if they give me morphia, but I had the anti-emetics
and a morphine pump, and that seemed to do the trick. only needed it
for a little while, but being in control of the pain relief meant I
used less of it, and was less stressed. Slept a lot the first day or
so, but anaesthetics and me are the best of friends.

I hope it all goes according to plan, and that in a few weeks you are
bouncing fit and ready to party.

You take care, now.
Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Old October 1st 11, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

(Not yelling)

Make a LIST of ALL MEDICATIONS that you CAN and
CAN NOT take.

Next to the Can nots: write what it does to you. They will 'determine' if
you are 'allergic' or just 'sensitive' and treat you accordingly.

If you/they have any questions on any of them; have them CALL THE PHARMACIST
for further instructions. If your hospital is anything like this one you
will go over the list MANY TIMES.

MAKE COPIES ---at least 4 for the DAY of surgery as you will be giving the
last one to thh anethesiologist. Even if you have met him before--go thru
that list the day of ..they see you just before surgery to be postitive they
are in co-ordination with Dr/patient/procedure.

I have a LOT of problems with a lot of meds/foods/etc including pain meds.
They will give you a 'shot in the IV" for your tummy before they do anything
else if so required, another for 'anxiety' depending on how nervous you are,
and will ask you often in Recovery what level your pain is at. BE
TRUTHFUL..it's easier to stay on top of the pain than trying to get it under
control. ((DD went thru 4 hours of unnecessary pain after the first surgery
in CA as they decided to take her off one before subbing it with another. We
sure we glad when we got her to 'our hospital' here in AZ.))

YELL if you have to......they hate that......it 'disturbs the other
patients'---not that they were 'slow to respond to you'. I'm not knocking
nrses we have some in the Family....but not all are 'quick' to respond.
((Just ask Miz Polly how MANY Medical ppl the Gators have been fed in the
last 16 yrs I've been here))

Anyway, here are the Platinum Wings for you. Do n't be afraid to keep them
as long as you need them

I truly hope you will be relieved like a lot of us have been after having
your 'type' of surgical procedure. Do TAKE YOUR TIME in recovery both in
hospital and after at home. Do not push yourself for the first 2 months no
matter how well you feel. It takes TIME to heal...more than we want it to.
It'll be worth it in the long run.

Butterfly (First at 30 and the 'rest' at 44)

Old October 3rd 11, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

Good luck, at least they are being prompt and getting you sorted. The
sooner it is done the sooner you will feel better.

Hugs

Janner
France

On 28/09/2011 02:11, NightMist wrote:

[...]

need a date look here NightMist Quilting 0 May 28th 06 05:44 AM
Hello everyone - up date C&S Quilting 3 February 15th 06 05:02 AM
New set up= Sea Scapes 11 bead lentil set okieglasss Beads 0 January 18th 06 01:32 PM
B.O.M's up to date. Sally Swindells Quilting 2 October 8th 05 07:56 PM
u e date Christina in Ok Quilting 10 November 16th 03 01:15 PM