Question for those in Germany/Europe

Old August 22nd 10, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Default Question for those in Germany/Europe

Polly Esther wrote:

I've told this story before but I do enjoy the tellin' of it. Let me do
it one more time. Back when I was first learning to buy fabric online,
www.fabric.com was just beginning too. They shipped in 'overrun' boxes
or whatever they could get their hands on.
One day I mentioned to DH that my fabric.com package was way overdue.
DH said, 'Did I tell you that a box of sausage came in and it said
freeze immediately? I put it in the freezer.'
There it was. My lovely quilting fabric from fabric.com was boxed in
a Jimmy Dean Sausage box and very carefully placed in the deep freezer.
We have come a long way.
I know where to look for missing mail. Polly

The folks at www.fabric.com *still* ship in whatever sort of box is
available!!! I had the same thing happen to me and remember that they
are located right here in Magnoliaville, about a 45 minute drive from
me. Not sure *what* sort of box one of my shipments came in but I think
it was some sort of computer box ANd there was no printed shipping
label, just a hand written address. I thought it was DH's stuff so set
the box aside -- he was gone on a business trip at the time.
I was frantic to have my fabric for a project I was in the midst of
and so got online and checked to see what the ship date was. The order
had shipped almost a week past so I KNEW it should have gotten here.
When talking with DH I finally asked him *why* he ordered stuff and had
it shipped to me. He insisted hadn't ordered anything so I *finally*
got the bright idea to check the postage label on the box and see where
it came from. When I saw Marietta, GA printed on the postage label, I
finally got the bright idea that it was my fabric -- LOLOL.
My most recent order was shipped in the ubiquitous heavy plastic
bag with a real shipping label with the Fabric.com name on it. VBS, it
was rather fun to see what sort of box they would use but using the
plastic bags cost less to mail. No more box surprises from
www.fabric.com :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

Pics of Germany KimW Quilting 7 October 2nd 09 02:53 PM
Oktoberfest in Germany - NOT OT KimW Quilting 20 August 22nd 09 02:04 PM
lnsses in Germany Amber Needlework 6 July 3rd 06 05:06 AM
Fabric in Europe Question [email protected] Needlework 7 March 6th 05 03:58 PM
OT - Anyone in Germany? TerriLee in WA Quilting 12 August 22nd 03 12:20 AM