A Most Girly Tote

Old August 16th 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default A Most Girly Tote

Here is, as the name suggests, a girly tote. One of three things I am
doing as a fund raiser for one of my wife's girly groups. They all
will be made using this fabric. Not all will be the same. This is the
Grocery, Shopping Tote. The second one will be one of my over the
shoulder, single strap, Purses. The third will be sort of based on
this one but will be an over the shoulder purse with outside pockets.
And, if I can get my juices flowing maybe one more "mystery" bag,
which will remain nameless, until completion. The colors and fabric
patterns, are symbolic to the group, and as so, they are defining what
is used. Not all will be the same 9 patch, but might be a variation
thereof, or not. It is kind of a fun challenge to come up with
something different and yet thematic. They will be auctioned off at a
fund raiser gathering, and so it should be fun to see what happens. I
definitely won't be seen carrying any of these items into the
gathering, so as to preserve what is left of my male image.
Enjoy
John

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...67005613917410
Old August 16th 10, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy2

On Aug 16, 1:06*pm, John wrote:
[...]

http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...erest#55060670...

Real men don't carry totes; they carry European shoulder bags. ;-)
My dad had one in the 60s - he bought it on a trip to France and
England.

N.
Old August 16th 10, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Aug 16, 3:10*pm, Nancy2 wrote:

[...]

Now they carry Computer Bags for laptops. The great equalizer.
John
Old August 16th 10, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy2

On Aug 16, 2:24*pm, John wrote:
On Aug 16, 3:10*pm, Nancy2 wrote:

On Aug 16, 1:06*pm, John wrote:

[...]

John- Hide quoted text -

That's true.

N.
Old August 16th 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary O'Neill

John wrote:
On Aug 16, 3:10 pm, Nancy2 wrote:

Real men don't carry totes; they carry European shoulder bags. ;-)
My dad had one in the 60s - he bought it on a trip to France and
England.

N.

Now they carry Computer Bags for laptops. The great equalizer.
John

Yeah, my husband has one of those... it has more stuff in it than my purse!
Old August 16th 10, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Totally girly! I love it.

Sunny
Old August 17th 10, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

In one of the dozen or so gift catalogs that come in here each day, I saw a
tote like John's - except it had appliquéd on it: JUNK. Everybody needs a
junk tote for trips, don't they? Polly

"Sunny" wrote in message
Totally girly! I love it.

Sunny

Old August 17th 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

That is so cute! Girly is right but it's adorable!

As usual your work is gorgeous!

Claudia

Old August 17th 10, 10:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Real men quilt! So do real women!
The tote is wonderful and sure to be a hit.
Roberta in D

Old August 17th 10, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

A really useful bag.

And DD always refers to the male version as "manbags". =D

Could do with one of these for the NEC.

Lovely idea.
Nel
(GQ)

What's in your tote? Cheryl Isaak Needlework 7 July 31st 10 12:51 AM
Finally, the Girly Quilt John Quilting 20 March 10th 07 11:20 AM
Girly quilt top finished. John Quilting 1 March 3rd 07 12:27 PM
New girly quilt. John Quilting 28 February 25th 07 10:32 PM
Yarn Tote Seaspray Yarn 7 January 15th 05 06:43 PM