OT Freecycle finder

Old October 9th 05, 11:10 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Default OT Freecycle finder

Just a heads up on a new thing for freecyclers.
http://www.freecycle.org/finder lets you put in a phrase of something you're
looking for, and your geographic area. It will search all the local
freecycle posts for it, and also let you sign up for email alerts about
future posts. NAYY.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old October 10th 05, 05:04 PM
Ginger in CA

Yep, I use Freecycle when I can around here. It's a good place to trade
and find homes for things you don't need. Around here we seem to get a
lot more "I want" postings rather than "I am offering".

Ginger in CA

Old October 10th 05, 06:05 PM
Calico

I found a home for some stuff (old books and an even older stereo
components), and I got an almost new faux fur coat and a new friend with
Freecycle.

Linda

ups.com...

Old October 10th 05, 09:37 PM
Jenn

Boy do I understand. I'm on the Sonoma County list and I stopped
reading because it just got crazy with people asking for stuff.

Jenn in Northern CA.

Old October 14th 05, 03:53 PM
DrQuilter

there is a lot of offering going on in the seattle chapter... I used it
give stuff away before we moved

Jenn wrote:

Boy do I understand. I'm on the Sonoma County list and I stopped
reading because it just got crazy with people asking for stuff.

Jenn in Northern CA.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old October 16th 05, 11:30 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

Had anyone get rude with you on there? We have a moderator but this lady
received a private email from the member calling her greedy. Really tacky!!

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old October 17th 05, 04:41 AM
extremevalues

I've had a similar problem. I have only once put a want ad up and I
tried to be specific so I wouldn't waste anyone's time. I almost
completely gave up the idea of freecycling knowing that people would be
such jerks.

I will list things, but probably won't ask for anything again.

I did get a bowling ball to put in my garden through freecycle... Fun!
I'd like to have a dozen more, the wilder the better! I have turned
into the crazy cat lady in the pink house that lived down the street
from us when I was growing up. Well minus the cats and the pink house.
But there is still time for that! )

Carol in TX
Need therapy? Make a quilt!

Old October 18th 05, 12:09 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I wish I had you for a neighbor!! You sound like my kinda people.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"extremevalues" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've had a similar problem. I have only once put a want ad up and I
tried to be specific so I wouldn't waste anyone's time. I almost
completely gave up the idea of freecycling knowing that people would be
such jerks.

I will list things, but probably won't ask for anything again.

I did get a bowling ball to put in my garden through freecycle... Fun!
I'd like to have a dozen more, the wilder the better! I have turned
into the crazy cat lady in the pink house that lived down the street
from us when I was growing up. Well minus the cats and the pink house.
But there is still time for that! )

Carol in TX
Need therapy? Make a quilt!

OT - freecycle and car seats frood Quilting 10 July 23rd 05 04:14 PM
Fabric finder url Ellen Quilting 3 June 19th 05 02:27 PM
Very OT - Freecycle gripe Kathy Applebaum Quilting 72 June 15th 05 08:05 PM
freecycle...not OT maryd Quilting 14 April 15th 05 01:18 AM
sm...fault finder Maine-iac Rose Sewing 2 September 11th 04 03:28 AM