Embroidered Quilts -- Finished! (and pix)

Old October 16th 05, 04:06 AM
Idahoqltr

Default Embroidered Quilts -- Finished! (and pix)

It's beautiful!

Old October 16th 05, 07:34 AM
Patti

Just lovely, Joan.
..
In message .com,
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska writes
http://community.webshots.com/photo/477341756yUeOHU

Didn't want you to think I'd been goofing off!

joan

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 16th 05, 01:22 PM
Queen of Squishies

Wonderful, wonderful Christmas gifts! Dancing in the moonlight for ya,
Joan!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 16th 05, 03:01 PM
WitchyStitcher

You would have to rehoop if you have a small embroidery field. Some of
the newer machines have a locator that finds the stop point and
automatically rotates the design. Otherwise, I find rehooping that
accurately impossible. You could do a design where joiningg it
wouldn't have to be totally accurate. If you have digitizing software,
doing an original outline design is not at all difficult. If your
software does not have a digitizing package, you probably can't do it.

Another alternative is a Super Hoop-it-All. If you have an embroidery
only machine it will let you do 12x12 blocks that you have split it
the software. Otherwise, you can only do longer blocks.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 01:56:31 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

Hummmm, I'm wondering if there's a way I
can get my embroidery machine to make the blocks. For what I paid for my
software, there has to be a way!!!!

Old October 16th 05, 03:15 PM
KJ

My software does do digitizing. And it will do redwork.blackwork runs. My
hoop sizes might be the biggest drawback. And since I don't have (or
desire) a super sized hoop, I guess I'll have to send the blocks to Joan's
mom! :-)

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old October 16th 05, 03:48 PM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Sorry, but Mom is booked for the foreseeable future. Next project is
making a replica of a quilt that two of my great grandmothers made for
me. One embroidered; the other quilted. ( I think I see a pattern
here! :)

I have already re-made the original, preserving the embroidered blocks.
It was falling apart from too much love. Now we're going to make a
copy, so that both of my sons will have one.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/477829401NsGHqT

joan

Old October 16th 05, 07:56 PM
nana2b

WOW!!!! Linda in Tx

Old October 17th 05, 01:50 PM
Maureen Wozniak

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:51:48 -0500, joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska wrote
(in article .com):

http://community.webshots.com/photo/477341756yUeOHU

I love it. Just my favorite color too!