9/11

Old September 11th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default 9/11

To all the people who have lost anybody and to all Free thinking
people ,, May we take a moment to remember this day .
mirjam
Old September 11th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
cat2tat

On Sep 11, 6:37*am, Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:
wrote:
To all the people who have lost anybody and to all Free thinking
people ,, May we take a moment to remember this day .
mirjam

Thank you, Mirjam. *Your post is the first one I've seen commemorating
those despicable events.

--
*^..^ This is Kitty. Copy and paste Kitty into your signature to help
her wipe out Bunny's world domination.

We Remember Leslie Ann Thomas
Old September 11th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Sep 11, 10:23*am, cat2tat wrote:

We Remember Leslie Ann Thomas

I'm sorry, but this name doesn't ring a bell. Should it?

Not being uncaring, but curious,
Joan
Old September 12th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
headway

On Sep 10, 9:03*pm, wrote:
To all the people who have lost anybody and to all Free thinking
people ,, May we take a moment to remember this day .
mirjam

Mirjam...

It is so wonderful that you took the time to acknowledge this horrific
tragedy. Thank you.

Hugs, Dee Erickson
Old September 12th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Default 102 Minutes was 9/11

Did anyone see the special on the History Channel "102 Minutes"? It
was very, very powerful - my dh, ds and I sat and watched the entire
show. DD walked in towards the end (swim practice) and was
immediately entranced. No narration, no anything but film footage
from people who were there, using their cameras (a copule of
professionals and several amateurs) and a clock running down the time
from start to finish. Very effective. Afterwards, they had the
people who filmed talk a bit about the experience. If it is shown
again, we are saving it.

Linda
Old September 14th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/12/08 8:57 AM, "lewmew" wrote:

Did anyone see the special on the History Channel "102 Minutes"? It
was very, very powerful - my dh, ds and I sat and watched the entire
show. DD walked in towards the end (swim practice) and was
immediately entranced. No narration, no anything but film footage
from people who were there, using their cameras (a copule of
professionals and several amateurs) and a clock running down the time
from start to finish. Very effective. Afterwards, they had the
people who filmed talk a bit about the experience. If it is shown
again, we are saving it.

Linda

We sate and watched it - DH had noted it would be on. We were mesmerized
and sat in the breakfast room after dinner, not leaving till it was over.
Really well done from the editors putting it together, and truly gives pause
for thought. Amazing that they were able to get some of the footage. The
girls that were filming from a few blocks away - I guessed it was NYU dorms,
and was amazed to see my guess was correct. As we were watching footage of
responding firefighters marching toward the Towers, I said to DH, I think
they're all dead - and indeed one of the filmers said that he'd filmed this
group from Masbeth (Queens) that had all hopped on the trucks to come down -
and none of the 19 had survived, so that everytime he sees that footage he
more wants to look closely, memorize their faces.

Bizarrely, I can remember watching live on TV and talking with our guy at
the CAPS about hockey stuff and our NY connections - and simultaneously we
both saw on TV the 2nd Tower get hit. What a thing to remember, and of
course he and I are always linked in remembering our being on the phone at
exactly that time.

It did make me marvel that the area was evacuated pretty readily - all
things considered. And that as large as the loss of life was, it could've
been so much worse. But, an astonishing program that really makes you think
about life - and how much is just "stuff." I'm sure they'll re-run the
show, or have the DVD available for sale from the History Channel. IMHO,
it's worth seeing - not for gore, but just to have a feel for the event.

Ellice

Old September 14th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 9/11/08 10:28 PM, "headway" wrote:

On Sep 10, 9:03*pm, wrote:
To all the people who have lost anybody and to all Free thinking
people ,, May we take a moment to remember this day .
mirjam

Mirjam...

It is so wonderful that you took the time to acknowledge this horrific
tragedy. Thank you.

Hugs, Dee Erickson

Ditto. Here in the DC area there was a lot of remembrance. Even at work,
our internal website homepage was changed to black background, and the admin
folks found some really nice poetry of remembrance to post on it.

Like so many tragic events it's good to remember, pause for a moment in the
everyday, and think, as well as be thankful for what we do have, IMHO.

ellice