AD: Ebay and Justbeads auctions

Old November 19th 04, 07:59 PM
E J Ralph

Default AD: Ebay and Justbeads auctions

Hi All

I have some auctions running at ebay this week - polymer, ceramic and
lampwork. Plus an auction at Justbeads, but I warn you - I was in a
silly mood when I wrote that listing !

Please visit my site www.ejrbeads.co.uk and click on the ebay or
justbeads links there to see the auctions

Many thanks
Emma
Old November 19th 04, 09:55 PM
Christina Peterson

Aren't you concerned that your "Broken Heart" auction on Just Beads will
turn of bidders?

Tina

Old November 20th 04, 12:17 AM
Dr. Sooz

It's "losing", not "loosing", Emma dear. (In your Justbeads auction text.)
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi

Old November 20th 04, 12:38 AM
Dr. Sooz

It's "losing", not "loosing"

See (to be really annoying....)
"losing" is when you lose something. Lose a contest, or your purse, or
whatever. Pronounced "Luz".

"Loosing" is when you turn something loose on something else, or if something
becomes loose (like your jeans are now loose on your ass -- what a great
feeling!). If you loose your talent upon the unsuspecting world, for instance.
Pronounced "Lusss".

See?
~~

Old November 20th 04, 11:43 AM
E J Ralph

yup I saw the typo myself earlier.

I am quite a good speller actually, so do know that it was wrong.

But thanks anyway

Emma

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:15:29 -0500, Kathy N-V
wrote:

An easy way to remember is is when you lose, you lost the extra "O."

I don't know about Sooz, but that particular grammar error is one of
my real hot buttons. Another one is the difference between "less"
and "fewer." I want to jump up and down and scream when I see the
"10 items of less" lines at the supermarket. If you don't know how
much, the answer is fewer.

Annoyingly,

Kathy N-V

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:38:41 -0500, Dr. Sooz wrote
(in message ):

Old November 20th 04, 11:48 AM
E J Ralph

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:55:05 -0900, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

Nope - not really.

I think most people can tell it is very tongue in cheek.

Can't spend your whole life worrying how other's will perceive you
anyway. Just gotta get on do your thing, true to your own self, and
hope that someone, somewhere gets your vibe I guess.

Emma

Old November 20th 04, 12:01 PM
E J Ralph

Ah - now that one I didn't know. Less - fewer.

So am I understanding right that you can say "I have 3 beads less than
you" but if you dont know how many beads it would be "I have fewer
beads than you" but never "I have 3 beads fewer than you? or "I have
less beads than you?"

I never knew that one, but it does sort of make sense. Sometimes the
things that are wrong just sound wrong. One that bugs me here,
especially in the South East of England where I live is people mixing
up the words "Brought" and "Bought" - it is amazing how many times I
hear that around here.

Old November 20th 04, 12:03 PM
E J Ralph

Thanks for the grammar lesson! Although I am a Brit so our
pronounciations would be a teeny but different anyway if we are gonna
get *really* annoying!

I did just try to get into justbeads again to see how I could edit the
typo. But I don't think that I can unfortunately as I was using my own
template and cannot see a way to edit or replace that now that the
auction is running and has bids.

I think I am gonna just have to let it run its course with the
annoying typo and live with it.

Emma

Old November 20th 04, 12:16 PM
Shirley Shone

You could also say I have brung you this , it could mean both. A local
slang word. LOL
Also the words quite and quiet. They get mixed up.
Shirley

In message , E J Ralph
writes

--
Shirley Shone
Old November 20th 04, 12:29 PM
Su/Cutworks

Emma wrote:

I have some auctions running at ebay this week - polymer, ceramic and
lampwork. Plus an auction at Justbeads, but I warn you - I was in a
silly mood when I wrote that listing !

Please visit my site www.ejrbeads.co.uk and click on the ebay or
justbeads links there to see the auctions

Um, Emma, unless you have an alter ego that lives in Germany, there's
something wrong with your listings.

The first thing to show up in your eBay link is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

T-Shirt Strickjacke Cape seller ID:rosenkind17

There's two other German listings.

However, when I click on ejralph, it does take me to your correct feedback,
and then the button there that takes me to 'Seller's Other Listings' does
take me to your eBay beads.

Beyond bizarre. Unless you really do have 23 Rock CDs for sale. I never
thought you were an Arrowsmith kind of girl.

-Su