Instand Stitch Computer Program

Old January 4th 04, 02:46 AM
Shannon

I bought the program on Ebay a couple months ago. I originally bought it for
the Instant Stitch but having been using it more for the sweater program
lately. I really like it. The only problem I've had is the PM Stitch Viewer
which I assume is the PM Stitch Project Collection that is says on the box.
There are supposed to be 1036 projects. When I tried it it says something
is missing! Yet, when I've done a search, for let's say, a horse, I find one
in the PM Stitch Viewer. I am interested to see what all it has but can't
access it. Other than that once you play around with it it really is
interesting. Good Luck, Shannon (Ontario)

Old January 4th 04, 02:31 PM
Joy Hardie

Default Instand Stitch Computer Program

I just got the 4 CD-ROM Delux Edition of Instant Stitch for the
computer. It claims to be the Ultimate resource for knitters,
crocheters and stitchers. I really got it for my mother but ended up
keeping it for myself when my husband pointed out that it includes a
Sweater Design program that does schematics for machine knitters.
Some of the other programs include a Personal Patterns for Children
and an Organized Expressions program that lists yarms for 70 companies
and is supposed to do conversions, calculations and keep a personal
diary or projects. It also has a PM Stitch Creation 2.0 that looked
rather neat so you can take a photo and make it into a needlework
project. How fun!
Now for the question. Does anyone have this set and does any of it
really work all that great? Sometimes stuff loooks so much better
than it really is.
Joy
Old January 5th 04, 06:10 AM
LL Phillips

Hi Joy
I do not have the 4-program CD you mention, but believe the sweater
design software is called Knitware and I've just downloaded the demo
for Skirts&Shawls (only) from the same author. I believe there is a
Knitware group on Yahoo/egroups where the author will help you if you
have problems once you purchase (I think you can upgrade to the latest
version from the one in the kit if you so desire). In my case I've
already left a question about printing out the manual instead of
trying to read it off the computer screen. I'm not sure if it is
something I can use yet, but others have spoken highly of it.

I think mom may have lost out on this gift if she is a needlework
person. grin
Lorraine
Old January 5th 04, 01:07 PM
Joy Hardie

Lorraine wrote.....
cut but others have spoken highly of it.

I think mom may have lost out on this gift if she is a needlework
person. grin

Well, she mostly only knits, doesn't keep ANY stash at all and lives
within 20 minutes of me and we see each other often. So she my
conscience is eased somewhat. Besides, my dad hardly lets her have
any time on the computer by the time he is done with his silly
crosswords and art doodly programs. It is probably for the
best.another grin
Joy
Old January 14th 04, 12:44 AM
Maine-iac Rose

I have had the knitware since it was in DOS version, and love the program.
With this last update, we were able to get the skirts&shawls at a good
price, so look forward to using that program again. just been busy with
sewing and quilting, but am looking forward to getting back into hand or
machine knitting again soon.

Maine-iac Rose