OT - Update on me, busy with animal rescue

Old August 26th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Jenn/Jalynne

Default OT - Update on me, busy with animal rescue

It's been a while since I've posted an update of any substance, hasn't it?
well, I"ve not been doing a lot of beading lately, although, I'm supposed to
be working on putting form to some design sketches I worked on this past
year when I was pretty ill. I'm working on it slowly, but the house is a
disaster, and I've been feeling rather blah and tired lately, not to mention
working extra hours at the office. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I'm
working part time, and have been for about a year. My DH has been a Navy
Recruiter for the past year, and has one year left. He's working about
60-70 hours a week, so he's hardly ever home. Doesn't leave much time for me
to play, but i sneak some time in here and there. Once school starts again,
I'll have more time both on the computer and on creative endeavors.

Anyway...about the subject...one more thing that has been keeping us super
busy. I love cats, and I hate this time of year when I hear about so many
abandoned, neglected and homeless ones. You can read more detail about it
on my blog (link in siggie), but we are on our second family of cats. The
most recent cat came to us nearly three weeks ago, and very pregnant. She
had her kittens last Thursday while I was at work, and they're such a joy to
watch. This will be an ongoing thing for us. We'll take in one family at a
time. The organization I'm working through provides all the vet visits,
medications, etc. and even some of the food that we'll need. We just
provide a clean, safe and loving place for them, and make sure to get them
to the adoption center when it's time for them to find their Forever homes.

So that's what's going on with me. I still get online every day, but
usually only have time to read emails and scan messages. I miss being
around here more often, but life does get in the way. You can reach me
through my blog site, if you don't already have my email address.

--
Jenn in Tacoma
www.jalynne.etsy.com

Old August 26th 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Nice to see you here again.
Sorry to hear that you have been ill.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Jenn/Jalynne
writes

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old August 26th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

OK I hit send too soon, LOL! I was also going to say that I know exactly
what you mean, with the cats... we have two new kittens because a stray
had a litter in the trailers in the lot behind us, and when the deeloper
demolished the trailers mama cat couldn't get her babies out in time.
Four were rescued (we don't know if there were more) and one of the
construction workers took one of them, and I took the other three. I was
able to find a home for one, once they were old enough, but EVERYONE has
kittens, all the people I know who might have adopted kittens has found
some, and the Humane Society doesn't have room for any more. So we have
two little lady cats who are going to be promptly spayed as soon as
they're old enough!

-Kalera

Old August 26th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Jenn/Jalynne

It's good to be seen. Last year was a total bust! That's ok, I'm
back...that's all that matters, right?

--
Jenn in Tacoma
www.jalynne.etsy.com

. ..

Old August 27th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Great to hear from you, Jenn! I hope you're feeling much better! Welcome
to the world of rescue!! How fun to watch the baby kitties grow up. I
hope, if your group is like ours, that you get to hear from some of the
forever homes later on. I love getting e-mails and photos from folks who've
adopted my fosters, telling me how wonderful the dog is, etc.

My hubby and daughter couldn't part with one of our fosters, so we now have
three dogs and a foster. (You can see Caesar on my web page.)

I don't live in a house. It's a kennel, and the dogs let us share it. Lol.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old August 27th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Bless you, Kalera! Those kitties were lucky to have ended up with you!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

. ..

Old August 27th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

They are wonderful babies and I feel blessed to have them in my life...
they bring me more joy than I ever would have guessed! I am considering
volunteering with the Humane Society to be a foster home for kittens too
small for them... they won't take any that require around-the-clock
care, as they don't have the staff or facilities for it.

http://www.beadwife.com
Old August 28th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Jenn/Jalynne

If you can take them, even once a year, it's helpful. I had to do this
second family right away, because it came from the same neighborhood as the
first family, and I needed some kind of retribution for losing kittens to
wounds sustained in a raccoon attack. Those poor babies never had a chance,
really, but it broke my heart to have the last one in the litter die in my
care. At least she was loved for her last two days. UGH!! There are two
babies with eyes open now, and I'm hopelessly falling in love with them.

--
Jenn in Tacoma
www.jalynne.etsy.com

Old August 28th 07, 11:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Yes, this time of year, there are cats coming out of the woodwork!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com