Intro and newbie question

Old September 18th 04, 02:03 AM
Carla

Welcome, Candace! Looking forward to seeing your work

Cheers,
Carla

*~Candygrrl~* wrote:

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the group and thought I should post the obligatory intro

Old September 18th 04, 03:14 AM
Marisa2

*LOL* Immagine having the first person to respond to my first RCB posts
be another "Marisa"... after people writing my name as "Marissa" or even
"Melissa" all of my life!!

I was sure never a "marisa2" before...

marisa2

Welcome the RCB, Candace! (okay, that did feel a little odd, lol!)

Old September 18th 04, 07:10 PM
*~Candygrrl~*

Sure! My website is www.belisamadesigns.com and though I'm still
working on my gallery, you can see the test page here -
http://belisamadesigns.com/gallery-test.php

Technically there isn't anything for sale there yet, so I don't think
this is an ad... If I'm wrong about that, someone just let me know

"roxan" wrote in message ...
Welcome Candace, please post your web site so we can see your work.
Roxan

Old September 18th 04, 07:21 PM
*~Candygrrl~*

Hi Tina! I'm pretty good at playing nice. It takes a lot to make me
mad in an online group, you really almost have to directly insult me
to do it.

Can you clarify top posting? I feel like a n00b, but I really do know
my way around a computer generally, heh! Also, I posted my website in
a reply I made before this one

Candace part deux

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message ...
Welcome, Candygrrl,

Another "rule" is to play nice. This is a very friendly group. We're like
a family, and are very helpful, although occasionally there will be a spat
or someone will be in a bad mood -- just like in a family.

And an observation: most people here prefer top posting, partly because it
tends to be a fast and busy place.

I recognize your name, but don't remember what beads to put with your name.
Please send us a link or two to your work.

Tina

Old September 18th 04, 07:40 PM
Marisa2

Within a thread you don't have to put AD. Also, since you are just
showing off your site and not trying to sell anything on it to us that's ok.

marisa2

Old September 18th 04, 07:43 PM
Marisa2

I LOVE your site! It is beautiful!

Your beads too! I really like your color lines... the blues and tans
especially.

marisa2

Old September 19th 04, 02:47 AM
Diana Curtis

Top posting is what you did in your post, and what I am doing in mine, that
is, putting the response above the message you are replying to. It saves a
lot of scrolling down. Most times its easy to remember what was said, try to
trim the post you are responding to down to the most relevant parts. Some
groups prefer top posting, some hate it. Luckily this one is a top poster
friendly group.
Diana, lazy about trimming posts..
--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

Old September 19th 04, 04:04 AM
bluemaxx

Welcome, Candace. Your website has a great setup and loaded
fast... and I especially like the flaming colors! Your gallery-test
pages are cool, too - your lampwork sets use diverse colors and I
especially like the orangey-amber set on page 1 and the gray, black &
white on page 2... .

And is that a picture of you in the ... err... header at the tope of the
page... or whatever it's called?
--
Linda

om...
:
: "roxan" wrote in message
: Welcome Candace, please post your web site so we can see your work.
: Roxan

---

Old September 19th 04, 06:26 AM
KDK

Welcome!!

Kathy K
"*~Candygrrl~*" wrote in message
m...
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the group and thought I should post the obligatory intro

My name is Candace and I live in Pelham, a suburb slightly south of
Birmingham, AL. I'm a lampworker and I obsessively collect beads of
all types. I've been melting glass since 1997 and collecting beads
since I was 3 and swallowed 10 at once. Mom had to clarify the
definition of "collecting" to me. Seemed like a good idea at the
time...

Let's see, I'm a recovering office worker and recent full time glass
artist, yay! I found out about this group from Kandice's webpage
*waves at Kandice* and some of you may know me from various other
online boards. I'm Candace or candygrrl at most of those. I lurk more
than I post generally, but hopefully I can change that here I
think that covers all the intro stuff, now for my newbie question.

Can someone clarify the rules for the usenet group? For example when
are you supposed to put things like AD or the like in the subject
line? I tried to find out on my own, but wasn't too successful. I've
never participated in a usenet group.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to participating here

Candace

Do a favor for a newbie? Lisa D. Beads 10 June 30th 04 05:22 AM
Got my first 2 Tink beads and intro LH Beads 16 April 24th 04 08:46 PM
Newbie... Bead Sprite Beads 19 August 3rd 03 09:28 PM
Newbie Intro angela Beads 28 July 31st 03 05:59 PM