Lace Scarf Pattern

Old December 21st 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Default Lace Scarf Pattern

Hi all,

As a way of using one of my first handspun singles I concocted a lace
scarf pattern. I'm happy to share it if anyone is interested. You can
find pictures of my finished item he
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/discu...topic.php?t=11

Remember it's knitted from handspun (and spun by a novice at that) so
it's a bit bumpy. It would look much more uniform from a commercial
yarn.

VP
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz

Old December 21st 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

As a way of using one of my first handspun singles I concocted a lace
scarf pattern. I'm happy to share it if anyone is interested. You can
find pictures of my finished item he
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/discu...topic.php?t=11

It's a lovely scarf VP......

Shelagh

Old December 21st 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Thanks so much!
It's always such an ego boost showing ones work here - you are all so
nice.

I've added a link to a copy of the pattern to my page
(http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/discu...ic.php?p=19#19) -
it's at the bottom of the entry.

If anyone does decide to make it one day I would LOVE to see a picture
of your version.

VP
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz

Old December 21st 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Vintage Purls wrote:
Hi all,

As a way of using one of my first handspun singles I concocted a lace
scarf pattern. I'm happy to share it if anyone is interested. You can
find pictures of my finished item he
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/discu...topic.php?t=11

Remember it's knitted from handspun (and spun by a novice at that) so
it's a bit bumpy. It would look much more uniform from a commercial
yarn.

VP
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz

I love it....looks great!

Donna

Old December 21st 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On 20 Dec 2006 21:10:41 -0800, "Vintage Purls"
wrote:

Remember it's knitted from handspun (and spun by a novice at that) so
it's a bit bumpy. It would look much more uniform from a commercial
yarn.

Yeaaaah, but if you want perfectly uniform yarn you don't have the
pleasure of spinning it yourself.

Wooly
Spinning 50/50 wool/silk for an project TBD
Old December 21st 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Vintage Purls wrote:
Thanks so much!
It's always such an ego boost showing ones work here - you are all so
nice.

I've added a link to a copy of the pattern to my page
(http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/discu...ic.php?p=19#19) -
it's at the bottom of the entry.

If anyone does decide to make it one day I would LOVE to see a picture
of your version.

VP
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz

VP,

If I can remember I will show a pic when I finish the pattern. I will
make it.

Your work is very nice, a lot better than you say.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old December 21st 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Spike Driver wrote:
If I can remember I will show a pic when I finish the pattern. I will
make it.

Your work is very nice, a lot better than you say.

Thank you Dennis!

Old December 22nd 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Vintage Purls" skrev i melding
oups.com...
Hi all,

As a way of using one of my first handspun singles I concocted a lace
scarf pattern. I'm happy to share it if anyone is interested. You can
find pictures of my finished item he
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/discu...topic.php?t=11

Vintage Purl, this is beautiful!
And the "non uniform" look makes it even more charming and nice!
there are many talented spinners on the NG.
I am sorry to say I'm not among them.
I have downloaded the pattern, and may be I find a good "factory yarn"!
Thank you!
Aud ;-)

Old December 22nd 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
busymum

This looks a lovely pattern. Thanks for sharing it. I think your scarf
looks really nice, too. I'm printing out the pattern as I type this,
and will have to look in my stash, to see if I have anything suitable
for it.
Charmaine