OT -- Happy NOT Mother's Day

Old May 8th 05, 07:08 PM
Lee S. Billings

Default OT -- Happy NOT Mother's Day

For all those people (male or female) who have suffered from the cultural myth
that "every mother LOVES her children and would do anything for them"; for all
those who find the relentless pressure from the marketing industry (who know a
good guilt-trip when they see one) hard to deal with; for all those women who,
for one reason or another, are *not* mothers and who have been repeatedly told
that this makes them second-class citizens...

You are not forgotten on this day, and you are not alone.

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat
"Only the powers of evil claim that doing good is boring."

Old May 8th 05, 07:22 PM
Arondelle

Lee S. Billings wrote:

for all those women who,
for one reason or another, are *not* mothers and who have been repeatedly told
that this makes them second-class citizens...

You are not forgotten on this day, and you are not alone.

Thank you.

Arondelle
--
"Supermodels. Hah! Nothing 'super' about them - spoiled, stupid little
stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves.

"Feh! I used to design for GODS!"

Edna Mode: "The Incredibles"

Old May 8th 05, 08:37 PM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Thank you, Celine. Although I love my mom dearly, I'm always hurt because
non-moms are blown off. Aunts should count too!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

nk.net...

Old May 8th 05, 10:54 PM
FurPaw

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
Thank you, Celine. Although I love my mom dearly, I'm always hurt because
non-moms are blown off. Aunts should count too!

Thanks, Celine. And not only aunts, but moms of furry, feathered,
scaled and finned creatures. And women who are not moms at all.

Today we ate out, forgetting that it was Mothers' Day. The
restaurant surprised me by presenting me with a rose. I thought
that was sweet, but the little girl at the table next to us was
absolutely delighted when we gave it to her.

Carol in NM

--
"Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o'clock in the morning."

To reply, unleash the dog
Old May 9th 05, 12:27 AM
starlia

I never sent my mother a Mother's Day card. She wasn't a mom.
However, I always remember my aunts and of course Nannie always got
one. She was my real mother.

Old May 9th 05, 05:01 AM
Kathy N-V

Even though I have a child, I wholeheartedly agree with everything
you have written. It takes a lot more than giving birth to be a
mother, and to think of a woman as nothing more than the functioning
of her reporductive parts is cruel, unfair, and a terrible waste.

Happy unMother's Day to all of you wonderful people, whether you are
parents or not. You are valued and loved just because you exist. We
need no other reason to honor you.

Kathy N-V

On Sun, 8 May 2005 14:08:59 -0400, Lee S. Billings wrote
(in message et):

Old May 9th 05, 06:33 AM

I, too, agree with what you have written. Biology cannot make anyone a
mother. It takes time, caring and love. And to those who are not
mothers, you are not forgotten.
Kimberly

Old May 9th 05, 08:02 AM
Kandice Seeber