OT Things you would not learn if the weather were not 40something below C....

Old December 15th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Default OT Things you would not learn if the weather were not 40something below C....

When removing your car key from the ignition at -j40 something C, do not put
it in your mouth, no matter how many parcels you have to pick up.
It sticks to your tongue.

Dawne, who just found this out

Old December 15th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Dec 15, 2:38*pm, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:
When removing your car key from the ignition at -j40 something C, do not put
it in your mouth, no matter how many parcels you have to pick up.
It sticks to your tongue.

Dawne, who just found this out

DAWNE!!!!!! You oughta know better than *that*!!!!! At least it's in
a place that will shortly thaw the key out without causing pain. Or
did you not wait?

Commiserating in the cold (currently -14F, on our way to
-20something),
Joan
Old December 16th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Dec 15, 1:38*pm, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:
When removing your car key from the ignition at -j40 something C, do not put
it in your mouth, no matter how many parcels you have to pick up.
It sticks to your tongue.

Dawne, who just found this out

Oh dear. It's supposed to warm up here to -20 C or so tomorrow.
Positively balmy. I hope some is left over to go your way.
Dora in Calgary
Old December 16th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Joan E." wrote
"Dawne wrote:
When removing your car key from the ignition at -j40 something C, do not
put
it in your mouth, no matter how many parcels you have to pick up.
It sticks to your tongue.

Dawne, who just found this out

DAWNE!!!!!! You oughta know better than *that*!!!!! At least it's in
a place that will shortly thaw the key out without causing pain. Or
did you not wait?

Joan

yes, the key thawed very quickly in my mouth--but I thought it was very
funny! Who would have thought the key would get THAT cold in the ignition
during a fairly short drive????
Dawne

Old December 16th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Jangchub" "Joan E." wrote
"Dawne wrote:
When removing your car key from the ignition at -j40 something C, do not
put
it in your mouth, no matter how many parcels you have to pick up.
It sticks to your tongue.

Dawne, who just found this out

DAWNE!!!!!! You oughta know better than *that*!!!!! At least it's in
a place that will shortly thaw the key out without causing pain. Or
did you not wait?

Joan

yes, the key thawed very quickly in my mouth--but I thought it was very
funny! Who would have thought the key would get THAT cold in the ignition
during a fairly short drive????
Dawne

Did you not see the movie "Dumb and Dumber?" Hahahaha. Yesterday it
was 77F, today not more than 32F and in a few days, it will again be
in the high 70sF. Meet Texas.

No, but from your comment I am apparently doomed to live some of it.
It is sooooo cold, but at least Joan, andFred, and I have roofs over our
heads and light and heat.

Dawne

Old December 16th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Jangchub" "Joan E." wrote
"Dawne wrote:
[...]

Yes - it's definitely something to be grateful for. I was watching CBC
and they were doing a report on the homeless in places like Edmonton and
in Vancouver. In some ways it is worse in Vancouver, because they are
just not prepared for the extreme cold temps.

It was 8C here yesterday, and it is -4C today so we are relatively well
off. I went for a walk to the post office, and to pick up the paper,
and really enjoyed the briskness.

MargW
Old December 17th 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

MargW wrote:

It was 8C here yesterday

You're doing better than we are. Our lovely California weather has
disappeared, and we have a freeze warning for tonight, even down here in
the Valley. The highest temperature predicted for this week is only
about 7C, with most days colder than that.

Not fun in these older houses with no insulation in the walls.

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

"On his tombstone, Benjamin Franklin wanted it said not that he had been
rich
but rather that he had been useful."

Finished 12/14/08 - GMTA/Great Minds Think Alike (Bucilla)

WIP: Nativity from "Countdown to Christmas" book, Oriental Kimono
(Janlynn),
MLI The Teacher (gift to the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://cfs-facts.blogspot.com/
Old December 17th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Dec 17, 12:43*am, Karen C in California wrote:
The highest temperature predicted for this week is only
about 7C, with most days colder than that.

Not fun in these older houses with no insulation in the walls.

See? That's what's great about living in the north....we *know* how
to insulate! Against both cold *and* heat!

Joan
Old December 19th 08, 07:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Joan E. wrote:

On Dec 17, 12:43 am, Karen C in California wrote:

The highest temperature predicted for this week is only
about 7C, with most days colder than that.

Not fun in these older houses with no insulation in the walls.

See? That's what's great about living in the north....we *know* how
to insulate! Against both cold *and* heat!

Joan

We now know how to insulate, too. But when these houses were built 100
years ago, they didn't think it was necessary to insulate in Sunny
California.