stitching anything?

Old November 7th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default stitching anything?

besides gloating, whining, or getting your knickers in knots, are you doing any
stitching?

I'm working on a Smithsonian Institution crewel pillow kit by Mazaltov's.
Instead of filling some of the flower centers with knots, I'm trying to use my
newly acquired knowledge of caging cabochons with mixed results -- one cab fell
out and another looks like it do the same thing sigh

--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old November 8th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Keith Barber

anne wrote in
g:

besides gloating, whining, or getting your knickers in knots, are you
doing any stitching?

I'm working on a Smithsonian Institution crewel pillow kit by
Mazaltov's. Instead of filling some of the flower centers with knots,
I'm trying to use my newly acquired knowledge of caging cabochons with
mixed results -- one cab fell out and another looks like it do the
same thing sigh

I am stitching a pattern by a local designer:

http://www.haberdasherydesigns.com/

under new stuff look at divination sampler.
Old November 8th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Nov 7, 11:02*pm, anne wrote:
besides gloating, whining, or getting your knickers in knots, are you doing any
stitching?

I'm working on a Smithsonian Institution crewel pillow kit by Mazaltov's.
Instead of filling some of the flower centers with knots, I'm trying to use my
newly acquired knowledge of caging cabochons with mixed results -- one cab fell
out and another looks like it do the same thing sigh

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Canyou tell me more about that Kit ,By such a lovely Hebrew Name !!!
mirjam
Old November 8th 08, 11:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/7/08 8:51 PM, in article
, "Keith Barber"
wrote:

anne wrote in
g:

besides gloating, whining, or getting your knickers in knots, are you
doing any stitching?

I'm working on a Smithsonian Institution crewel pillow kit by
Mazaltov's. Instead of filling some of the flower centers with knots,
I'm trying to use my newly acquired knowledge of caging cabochons with
mixed results -- one cab fell out and another looks like it do the
same thing sigh

I am stitching a pattern by a local designer:

http://www.haberdasherydesigns.com/

under new stuff look at divination sampler.

That's fun. I really like "What?"

Cheryl

Old November 8th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Nov 7, 8:51*pm, Keith Barber wrote:
anne wrote . org:

besides gloating, whining, or getting your knickers in knots, are you
doing any stitching?

I'm working on a Smithsonian Institution crewel pillow kit by
Mazaltov's. Instead of filling some of the flower centers with knots,
I'm trying to use my newly acquired knowledge of caging cabochons with
mixed results -- one cab fell out and another looks like it do the
same thing sigh

I am stitching a pattern by a local designer:

http://www.haberdasherydesigns.com/

under new stuff look at divination sampler.

Interesting. I'll have to pass this designer's name on to my LNS
owner. She likes quirky.

As for me, I'm working on an Assissi piece of my own design as part of
a gift for someone. I thought we had till the 15th, but I see a call
for them ASAP. I've got some work to do, oh boy.

Donna in Virginia
Old November 8th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Default Knitting: (was) stitching anything?

"Jangchub" wrote in message
Recently I bought several skeins of what I'll call eyelash acrylic. I
absolutely can not crochet with it, too flimsy. Has anone knitted
with this kind of fiber? I want to make a scarf and this is her
favorite color green and it feels so cuddly, but so hard to work with.
Any suggestions on how to use it easier?

thanks
Victoria

Buy a similar color in a thin (sport weight, baby weight or fingering if
you can find it) yarn and knit or crochet holding the two strands together.
That makes it a little heavier, but much more stable and easier to work
with.

Lucille

"There are known knowns. These are things we
know that we know. There are known unknowns.
That is to say, there are things that we know
we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns.
There are things we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/

Old November 8th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Jangchub" wrote in message
Recently I bought several skeins of what I'll call eyelash acrylic. I
absolutely can not crochet with it, too flimsy. Has anone knitted
with this kind of fiber? I want to make a scarf and this is her
favorite color green and it feels so cuddly, but so hard to work with.
Any suggestions on how to use it easier?

thanks
Victoria

Yeah, I too find crocheting with all the "fun" threads difficult. If I want
to make a project out of them, I knit.

J.