Knitted Slippers

Old January 5th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Makita

Default Knitted Slippers

Hi,

My sister-in-law received a pair of knitted slippers from a patient of
hers for Christmas. We are trying to get the pattern but the patient
has been discharged of the hospital and we don't know where to
look.......

Before they were put on the slippers looked like a purse but when on
the foot they were really nice tight fitted slippers. Anyone know what
I am talking about....

Thanks in advance

Carla

Old January 5th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Makita wrote:
Hi,

My sister-in-law received a pair of knitted slippers from a patient of
hers for Christmas. We are trying to get the pattern but the patient
has been discharged of the hospital and we don't know where to
look.......

Before they were put on the slippers looked like a purse but when on
the foot they were really nice tight fitted slippers. Anyone know what
I am talking about....

Are these the ones, Carla? I have done several pairs of these, and they
are great.
http://www.knitwits-heaven.com/pocket_book_slippers.htm

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 5th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Makita" skrev i melding
ups.com...
Hi,

My sister-in-law received a pair of knitted slippers from a patient of
hers for Christmas. We are trying to get the pattern but the patient
has been discharged of the hospital and we don't know where to
look.......

...or you might try these links, to see if you findthe right ones!
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.co...y/slippers.php
Aud :-))

Old January 5th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Makita

That's them..... Thanks so much!!!!! I am just a beginner so I hope I
can do them.

Thanks again
Carla

Old January 6th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Oh, they are so easy! And they knit up very quickly. I am glad I was
able to help. If you have any problems, just post here. Someone will be
sure to answer.

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 6th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Purplenova

Do these knit up to fit the average female adult foot? started one last
night but only got as far as a few rows of the k2 p2 rib as it was 1 am

--
Jules
ups.com...

Old January 7th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Yes, and there is enough stretch in them that they will fit a larger
foot, too.

Higs,
Katherine

Purplenova wrote:
Do these knit up to fit the average female adult foot? started one last
night but only got as far as a few rows of the k2 p2 rib as it was 1 am

--
Jules
ups.com...

Old January 7th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Purplenova

Thanks Katherine, I've knitted 1 3/4's so far. DH wanted to learn to knit
so spent a few hours last night teaching him to cast on and just to knit.
Should finish today and be able to sew them up tonight )

--
Jules
oups.com...

Purplenova wrote:
Do these knit up to fit the average female adult foot? started one last
night but only got as far as a few rows of the k2 p2 rib as it was 1 am

--
Jules
ups.com...

Old January 7th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Purplenova wrote:
Thanks Katherine, I've knitted 1 3/4's so far. DH wanted to learn to knit
so spent a few hours last night teaching him to cast on and just to knit.
Should finish today and be able to sew them up tonight )

Good for you! I am not sure about teaching DH to knit, though. Will he
start raiding your stash? g

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 8th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Makita

Hi Ladies,

Boy am I a rookie!!!!...... I tried to do the pattern but already I
have a boo-boo (or a least I think I do)....... Is the instructions
written correctly or am I not reading it correctly!

The pattern I have says to increase on the second stitch of each row.
until you get 22 stitches.......The little knitted piece I have done
looks to fat. It does not look like the tiny strap that is shown on
the picture.

Thanks
Carla

Katherine wrote:
Purplenova wrote:
Thanks Katherine, I've knitted 1 3/4's so far. DH wanted to learn to knit
so spent a few hours last night teaching him to cast on and just to knit.
Should finish today and be able to sew them up tonight )

Good for you! I am not sure about teaching DH to knit, though. Will he
start raiding your stash? g

Higs,
Katherine

Help with knitted slippers angel_crafter Yarn 3 December 11th 06 01:36 PM
Crochet: Moccasin-style slippers? Craftkitten (Darlene) Yarn 3 February 25th 05 10:28 PM
HERE COMES THE FELTED SLIPPERS! Aud Yarn 8 January 23rd 05 07:12 PM
Gloves and slippers frood Quilting 6 December 18th 04 12:15 AM
craftkitten & knitted charity donations M Yarn 14 July 6th 04 05:07 AM