Crochet Hook Size 7

Old January 2nd 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Crochet Hook Size 7

Aha if it is the one between G - H than it is 5 mm .
mirjam
tv.net wrote:

norabalcer wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone seen a size 7, on my gauge it falls between a G and H. I
don't recall ever seeing one before.

4.5 mm, Nora, my favourite size for 6x6 squares.

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 2nd 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Cher,

Yes, please.

Hugs,

Nora

Old January 2nd 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"spinninglilac" wrote in message
. uk...
our seven is a thick one, next size up from a UK 8 which is 4mm
higz cher

This is really weird. My zippered set of UK aluminum hooks (by Abel Morrall
Ltd, Redditch, England) starts with small number = small hook, yet my old
Cdn/UK knitting needles are opposite. In my hook set, (which doesn't have
anything between a 7 and 10) the larger the number, the larger the hook. Go
figure (scratching my head in wonder).

I really prefer the metric system, as it is more universal, except that in
the US, they can't seem to get the metric sizes universal. Bah. I know, I
know, they just take their own sizes, and try to convert them to metric.

Shelagh

Old January 3rd 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Nora !!
7 mm [international size] = 10 1/2 K USA
And 7 USA = = 1.50 mm
mirjam

The small one is a steel hook, the larger ones are aluminum or plastic.

sue
Old January 3rd 06, 11:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

okey dokey luvey lol

"norabalcer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Cher,

Yes, please.

Hugs,

Nora

Crochet help magikjaz Needlework 42 November 3rd 05 11:11 AM
Needing Crochet Hook Help! Brandie Renea Yarn 8 December 25th 04 06:01 PM
Crochet Hook / Yarn Question Maeven Yarn 8 November 18th 04 01:18 AM
Crochet hook case Katherine Yarn 10 November 5th 04 01:00 PM
4 links for crochet hook storage ideas Seaspray Yarn 3 October 31st 04 04:33 PM