About comfortafghans...

Old January 1st 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default About comfortafghans...

Hi!
Nice to know that D will get his own...And when it comes to sleeping
under it...I must tell you something.

Some of you must remember one certain afghan you managed to keep as a
secret from me a long time. When I got it, I was cofused at first. Then
I realized the truth and I got so happy. I admit the admiration for that
afghan did not strike me like a lightning...but my appreciation has
grown when time has kept going. Guess what? I slept last night on the
couch and...oh yes, that particular afghan was there to cover me. I must
say I have learnt to appreciate it. And I like it very much. Whenever I
use it, I think of you all. These words won't tell even half of my
feelings for you all...or how great my gratefulness really is. But you
deserve to know that the comfortafghan has a place in my life now. I am
not gonna let it go, no way!
Best: Pirjo
Old January 1st 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

sounds wonderful Pirjo, lovely to know that so many can get together to make
something that inspires and lifts another soul.

I didn't have a comfortghan, I had a large tote bag, which was carefully
made, and then a lining carefully made for it, and a handle and now
everytime I need a ball of wool I go to it, as this houses my odd balls and
leftovers and hangs on the door in my workroom. So I know exactly what you
mean..

I think many of us do.

higz.....Cher

Old January 1st 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Cher!
I understand, even I do not have that kind of bag. That feeling...it is
simply something you can not describe. But once it hits you, you
certainly know the feeling.
Best: Pirjo

Old January 1st 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi!
Nice to know that someone gets the point, even my English is messy - but
usually I try to write as clearly as I can.
Best: Pirjo
Old January 1st 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Pirjo Ilvesvuori" wrote in message
Hi!
Nice to know that someone gets the point, even my English is messy -
but usually I try to write as clearly as I can.
Best: Pirjo

I understood you Pirjo I know because I get the same feeling about my
precious comfortghan)

Old January 1st 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

And me too (and Matthew, although he won't say anything... it's a "guy
thing") with the comfortghans we got from everyone on RCTY! You really can
feel the love and care as you wrap yourself in them. )

Gemini

. uk...

Old January 1st 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Don and I as well, were lucky recipients of comfortaghans, and we use them a
LOT!
And.. Christmas 04 would not have BEEN had it not been for this wonderful
group of family.
Hugs,
Noreen

"MRH" mthecarpenterATxcelcoDOTonDOTca wrote in message
And me too (and Matthew, although he won't say anything... it's a "guy
thing") with the comfortghans we got from everyone on RCTY! You really
can feel the love and care as you wrap yourself in them. )

Gemini

. uk...

Old January 1st 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi everyone!
What a lovely thing to know! I mean this common "someone out there
cares" - feeling. As I told before, I was confused at first (you
certainly know how to keep a secret, dear RCTYers!), but once the
situation was clear to me, I expressed you my thankfulness. I know that
usually comfortaghan receivers have been so very happy. I must admit I
was not one of them at first. My first reaction was: "To me? Why? There
must be a reason for this." I did not tell it though...I just told you I
was glad. And I *was* glad, even I could not show it right away back then.

Now I have used this particular afghan many times already, and using it
has revealed me the love you all have knitted and crocheted into it. At
first the surprise...it caught me off-guard. But after I had studied the
afghan and realized what was the connection between you all, me and my
health...After that I let the joy take its proper place in my heart. I
know...this may be a bit strange reaction...but today I definitely know
that the aghan in question has very big part in my life. And it belongs
to my couch wherever I live. You can be sure of that.
Best: Pirjo