Crochet hook case

Old November 1st 04, 06:41 PM
Katherine

Default Crochet hook case

Someone posted some sites, but I didn't get them. Then the same person (I am
sorry, I forgot your name) posted a reply giving one of the sites again.
Thanks so much for the site. I am going to try making one of these, even
though my crochet skills are limited to granny squares.

Katherine

Old November 1st 04, 07:02 PM
Stella Fenley

Katherine ,
I made one a few years ago that opens like a book ,it holds my crochet
needles.It takes a little time to make but it is worth it.if it gets a
little smuggy from use ,
the neat thing is you can remove your needles throw it in the washer and
dryer and it is ready to use again.All in All I like the one I made.I need
to make one for my knitting needles.Stella

Old November 1st 04, 07:28 PM
Katherine

Stella,
Was yours crocheted or knitted? THe reaason I ask is obviously because I
would love to get a knitted pattern like the crocheted one. Here is the URL
for the crocheted one which was posted earlier today.

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/alhookcase.htm

Katherine

Old November 1st 04, 09:47 PM
Aud

"Katherine" skrev i melding
Stella,
Was yours crocheted or knitted? THe reaason I ask is obviously because
would love to get a knitted pattern like the crocheted one. Here is
the URL
for the crocheted one which was posted earlier today.

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/alhookcase.htm

... and here is a copy of the mail from Seaspray:
http://members.aol.com/crochetalong/hookcaddy.html
http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/alhookcase.htm
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/longhookcase.html
http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/sthookcase.htm

These are free patterns that I found surfing. I am planning to try the
second one. Just thought I'd pass these along.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Diane

(AUD ;-)

Old November 2nd 04, 01:32 AM
Kelly

Katherine,

You could make it knitted by just substituting your favorite knitting stitch
for the crochet and change the length of the case so it is longer for
knitting needles if you wish. Basically you need to make two pieces, one for
the outside and one for the inside pocket then use yarn and a yarn needle to
sew them together to make the pockets for the needles.

I made a case years ago out of scraps of denim fabric for the outside and
red fabric on the inside. I also made a small pocket on the outside that has
a flap with a button so I can put my yarn needles and a small pair of
scissors in it. Maybe I can come up with a knitted version of a knitting
needles case. I would like to make a shorter one for my double pointed
needles...still working on my socks..I am hooked. Lol

Kelly

Old November 2nd 04, 08:33 AM
B Vaughan

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 01:32:30 GMT, "Kelly"
wrote:

Katherine,

You could make it knitted by just substituting your favorite knitting stitch
for the crochet and change the length of the case so it is longer for
knitting needles if you wish. Basically you need to make two pieces, one for
the outside and one for the inside pocket then use yarn and a yarn needle to
sew them together to make the pockets for the needles.

Actually, one of the crochet patterns didn't have two pieces. It used
the technique of crocheting twice into the same row, once in the front
loops and once in the back loops, and then rejoining in the next row.

I don't think that one could be duplicated in knitting.

--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old November 3rd 04, 12:51 AM
Kelly

Barbara,

I agree that you couldn't duplicate the pattern exactly, but I don't think
it would be hard to make a knitted hook holder, they sky would be the limit
on the variations you could do. It would be a fun project.

Kelly

news

Old November 5th 04, 12:49 AM
Richard Eney

In article ,
B Vaughan wrote:

Actually, one of the crochet patterns didn't have two pieces. It used
the technique of crocheting twice into the same row, once in the front
loops and once in the back loops, and then rejoining in the next row.

I don't think that one could be duplicated in knitting.

I bet it could, with double knitting. :-) You'd have to knit in the front
and back of the stitch for a row, then (for a wider opening) double knit
for a row (knit-slip across the row twice, once for each side), then k2tog
for a row.

=Tamar