New Year's Resolutions: On and Off Topic

Old December 31st 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default New Year's Resolutions: On and Off Topic

I will not increase my stash of frames as I never have the right one anyway.

I will do a Brazilian embroidery sampler that's been languishing in a drawer
for awhile.

I will set up a bunch of subject specific doodle cloths and label each effort
with name of stitch or process. I'll make a history page to go along with the
cloths of where the original instructions can be found.

I will *not* be tempted by non-stitching arts and craft projects that look
interesting.

Your turn.
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old December 31st 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 31, 12:39*pm, Jangchub wrote:

Stock answer:

I will lose weight!

You won't, you know. Not if you put it that way. You need to break
it down into more specific action items or it just won't happen.

I will eat more vegetables and less junk.

I will work on my WIPs rather than start anything new.

Elizabeth
Old December 31st 08, 07:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote in message
On Dec 31, 12:39 pm, Jangchub wrote:

Stock answer:

I will lose weight!

You won't, you know. Not if you put it that way. You need to break
it down into more specific action items or it just won't happen.

I will eat more vegetables and less junk.

I will work on my WIPs rather than start anything new.

Elizabeth

Now that the Oriental Fan piece is finished and waiting to be washed and
ironed, I will finally get started on Laura Perin's Flying Geese and then,
hopefully, get to The Drawn Thread Toccata 2. Both are kitted and ready to
go. But first I have to find the little Let It Snow piece that came into
my life from e-Bay.

There's also the sweater I promised to make for my nephew in Colorado.
Fortunately it's cold there and I can make it in a heavier weight yarn and
it won't take too long.

So many things to do and so little time to get them done.

Lucille

ps. Since the WIPs are all nestled happily in their bags and boxes and
look oh so comfortable, I guess it will be okay to let them just hibernate
till spring, right?

Old December 31st 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/31/08 12:14 PM, "anne" wrote:

I will not increase my stash of frames as I never have the right one anyway.

Ah, as I sort through my stash, I will sell some of the never going to be
stitched stuff.

I will do a Brazilian embroidery sampler that's been languishing in a drawer
for awhile.

I will set up a bunch of subject specific doodle cloths and label each effort
with name of stitch or process. I'll make a history page to go along with the
cloths of where the original instructions can be found.

Great idea.

I will organize my book of stitch samples with notes for teaching, and
reference.

I will finish the 4 samplers that are WIP - especially the wedding now
anniversary gift, and the anniversary one for DH.

I will finish finishing the several pieces just waiting to have that done
(not being framed, being made into little pillows or hangings).

I will *not* be tempted by non-stitching arts and craft projects that look
interesting.

Well, I will complete my morning glory lap quilt. I will finish the 2
others whose tops are almost done. And intend to get the recovering of
chsirs for sunroom, and accompanying throw done.

I will finish at least 2 sweaters. Not counting the baby ones which finish
quickly. I will keep on chugging through the knitting stash and get
projects in the works, and finished.

I will work in reasonable periods on the art garments, and other sewing
projects.

I will be judicious in any further stash acquisition (easy being broke).

I will, importantly, get the house finally unpacked and organized, get all
the wood blinds hung, and find a new job...

Your turn.

Get healthier, use the exercise room, lose weight, etc.

Most importantly, try to keep a positive attitude about life and its
vicissitudes. Be a good person. Not be mean - even here ;^)

Ellice

Old January 1st 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 31, 2:58*pm, ellice wrote:

Most importantly, try to keep a positive attitude about life and its
vicissitudes. *Be a good person. *Not be mean - even here ;^)

I hope you don't mean that being a good person and being mean are
mutually exclusive, because I (obviously) disagree. I think that one
has to be mean (or at least behave in a way that can be construed by
some as mean) on occasion to make up for other people's lack of
mindfulness.

That's not coming out right, but that's ok.

Elizabeth
Old January 1st 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Dec 31, 5:20*pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:13:05 -0800 (PST), bungadora

wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:14:24 -0500, anne wrote:

Your turn.

I will lose weight by not buying treats on the weekend, eating salad
at dinner more, and taking an extra walk every day.

I will not whine about my weight.

I will finish at least 3 major projects and will only start one new
one instead of the other way around.

I will do 15 minutes of filing every day. *I will get rid of enough
stuff that I can move the box of dead files sitting in my bedroom into
the storage room.

Dora

These are excellent resolutions. *Fortunately, and I do think I told
the story here as well, during the fall a mouse got into the house and
we went room to room cleaning every inch of every drawer, closet and
bookshelf (we have ten book cases!) and moved each away from the wall
and vacuumed then as we were satisfied the mouse wasn't in that room,
it was sealed off. *Room by room we did this to every closet, drawer
and shelf and got rid of tons and tons of papers and things we
shredded and now I use as packing material. *I got to see my stash!

Finally, the kitchen and every cabinet was washed with bleach and
orance oil and every dish and pot was washed and all we didn't use was
donated to Goodwill...this house is clean!

You will feel amazing when you de-clutt.

Hope so. The floors in my house are being done this year, which will
involve me packing everything up and hauling it out on to the lawn for
a day, so if I don't get organized now, it's going to be twice as bad
when I put it all back together again.
Dora
Old January 1st 09, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

Jangchub wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:14:24 -0500, anne wrote:

I will not increase my stash of frames as I never have the right one anyway.

I will do a Brazilian embroidery sampler that's been languishing in a drawer
for awhile.

I will set up a bunch of subject specific doodle cloths and label each effort
with name of stitch or process. I'll make a history page to go along with the
cloths of where the original instructions can be found.

I will *not* be tempted by non-stitching arts and craft projects that look
interesting.

Your turn.

Stock answer:

I will lose weight!
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Me too.
I weighed myself ceremoniously this morning, with exactly that in mind.
Sigh. I have to lose about 40kgs. That's about 90lbs. That's a
whole person!

Anonymous.
:-)

Old January 1st 09, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/31/08 8:56 PM, " wrote:

On Dec 31, 2:58*pm, ellice wrote:

Most importantly, try to keep a positive attitude about life and its
vicissitudes. *Be a good person. *Not be mean - even here ;^)

I hope you don't mean that being a good person and being mean are
mutually exclusive, because I (obviously) disagree. I think that one
has to be mean (or at least behave in a way that can be construed by
some as mean) on occasion to make up for other people's lack of
mindfulness.

That's not coming out right, but that's ok.

Elizabeth

LOL - I think we agree. I meant - not be mean just to be mean - so to
speak. Having the dealings with 2 "just mean" SILs, points that out. I'm
rarely mean in the spiteful, just to be sense - but it is tempting. You
know - making mean remarks, making fun of people - just because -
belittling, etc. I do agree that at times - it is called for but not
trivially.

Ellice