Golden Kite patterns

Old November 11th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

Default Golden Kite patterns

Has anyone ordered patterns from Golden Kite before? They do a lot of
classic art reproductions that are downloadable in PDF. There's a pattern I
absolutely MUST have, but their price is $43. I don't want to outlay that
much cash if their quality isn't that good. I haven't seen this particular
tapestry turned into a crosstitch pattern anywhere else, and the picture
itself has mucho sentimental value (I fell in love with it when I saw it in
the Louvre).

J.

Old November 11th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Jinx Minx" wrote
(Snip)
I haven't seen this particular tapestry turned into a crosstitch pattern
anywhere else, and the picture itself has mucho sentimental value (I fell
in love with it when I saw it in the Louvre).

Sorry, I don't know anything about the pattern company, but don't leave an
Art History major in suspense; please tell me what the picture is.

Dawne

Old November 11th 08, 07:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Dawne Peterson" wrote in message
el...

"Jinx Minx" wrote
(Snip)
I haven't seen this particular tapestry turned into a crosstitch pattern
anywhere else, and the picture itself has mucho sentimental value (I fell
in love with it when I saw it in the Louvre).

Sorry, I don't know anything about the pattern company, but don't leave
an Art History major in suspense; please tell me what the picture is.

Dawne

Here it is!
http://tinyurl.com/4bv7ff

I think the reason I was so attracted to it was that it combined my love of
needlework with my love of Asian art and civilization. I was dumbfounded
when I stumbled across the crosstitch pattern for it. It's been on my
wishlist forever, and I keep telling myself I'm going to treat myself to it
soon (like I need another stitching project).

I am so jealous you majored in Art History. I was *this close* to majoring
in it, too. Someday when I am old and retired, I fantasize about going back
for it. What periods/styles/artists did you specialize in or like the most?

Jinx

Old November 11th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Here's a link:

http://www.goldenkitestore.com/index...oducts_id=2873

Note that it has 126 colors!
Old November 11th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Nov 11, 8:11*am, lewmew wrote:
Here's a link:

http://www.goldenkitestore.com/index...uct_info&produ....

Note that it has 126 colors!

Have never ordered from them, but they've been around for a while. If
you google this group, there used to be someone on their website who
was doing Views of Rome(?) Very intricate picture, and he had
articles on the golden kite website about his stitching technique on
'confetti' patterns. I don't think he's still associated with them,
at least not publicly.

Dora
Old November 11th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Heather in NY

I've gotten their free pattern, but didn't stitch it. I've drooled
over them for years but the prices are too steep for me. There are
loads of other patters I can stitch first. The freebie though
seemed well designed and was clear to read if that helps.

Heather in NY

Old November 11th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"lewmew" wrote in message
Here's a link:

http://www.goldenkitestore.com/index...oducts_id=2873

Note that it has 126 colors!

Thanks! I thought I had included it, but it was clearly beyond my bedtime
when I posted it.

J.

Old November 11th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Jinx Minx wrote:
Has anyone ordered patterns from Golden Kite before? They do a lot of
classic art reproductions that are downloadable in PDF. There's a pattern I
absolutely MUST have, but their price is $43. I don't want to outlay that
much cash if their quality isn't that good. I haven't seen this particular
tapestry turned into a crosstitch pattern anywhere else, and the picture
itself has mucho sentimental value (I fell in love with it when I saw it in
the Louvre).

J.

Can't help you with that.

Is that the site where there was a man spending years stitching a huge
masterpiece? He had it as a sort of blog, updated every few months with
how many thousands of stitches completed etc ...I think it was the
Sistine chapel, but I could be wrong. He had hundreds of colors, with
all the threads dangling downwards. I thought I had it bookmarked, but
can't find it.

Gillian
Old November 11th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Is that the site where there was a man spending years stitching a huge
masterpiece? He had it as a sort of blog, updated every few months with
how many thousands of stitches completed etc ...I think it was the
Sistine chapel, but I could be wrong. He had hundreds of colors, with
all the threads dangling downwards. I thought I had it bookmarked, but
can't find it.

Gillian

It is, but he hasn't updated the blog in a year:

http://www.goldenkite.com/e107_plugi...php?content.54
Old November 13th 08, 08:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:42:52 -0600, "Jinx Minx"
I see they discount by 30% if you buy three. Maybe three of us can
buy into it and benefit by the discount?

Also, I see a mention here of a free pattern. Where on the website is
a free pattern?

I am looking at the Buddha Shakyamuni under their India header. It
looks like a magnificent thing, but so many colors. I wonder if that
is truly necessary.

Victoria

The free pattern is an orange rose on a black background. I've got it
downloaded if you would like me to email it to you.

I'd totally be up for splitting an order if people were interested. There's
definitely more than three patterns I'm interested in myself, but just can't
justify spending quite that much on patterns at the moment. The Buddha is
nice. I really like the rich lush color of it. There used to be another
site I had bookmarked long ago that had tons of great Buddha and Hindu gods
patterns as well as mandalas. I love the mandalas. I'll have to see if I
can find the link again for you.

Totally off topic for you, Victoria: I heard on the news tonight there's a
wasp nest growing in a buddhist temple in Rochester, MN that looks like
Buddha. Coincidental? I found it interesting, anyway. Just as long as it
doesn't end up on eBay like the Jesus toast.

Jinx

The Golden Needle Jill Waselik Needlework 0 August 1st 07 09:07 PM
AD: Golden Cocoon Susan B. Beads 1 November 27th 06 06:21 PM
A golden hallmark [email protected] Jewelry 7 September 3rd 06 04:29 PM
Kite quilt help Louise and Ray Denny Quilting 1 August 2nd 06 07:52 PM