stitching anything?

Old November 10th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default stitching anything?

On Nov 10, 10:56*am, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

Did you really have to show me these patterns. *

Of course!

I don't own, or particularly want to own, PC Stitch. *Does the free viewer
work well?

Yes, that's all I have. It's very easy to use, too. Once you
purchase the pattern you can print them up in color, b&w symbols or
both. Their patterns are always nice and clear.

Go for it and enjoy!

Joan
Old November 10th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

On Nov 10, 10:56 am, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

Did you really have to show me these patterns.

Of course!

I don't own, or particularly want to own, PC Stitch. Does the free viewer
work well?

Yes, that's all I have. It's very easy to use, too. Once you
purchase the pattern you can print them up in color, b&w symbols or
both. Their patterns are always nice and clear.

Go for it and enjoy!

Joan

As an experiment I downloaded this month's freebie. Nicely done.

One more question and then I shall decide just which patterns I absolutely
have to have.

How do you print color. I was only able to get b&W. Or did I miss
something when I printed it?

Old November 10th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Nov 10, 2:26*pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

How do you print color. *I was only able to get b&W. *

Use a color printer! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Seriously, now.
Or did I miss something when I printed it?

Under "View" at the bottom is "Stitches display as" Then take your
pick. Easy-peasy!

Joan

Old November 10th 08, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

On Nov 10, 2:26 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

How do you print color. I was only able to get b&W.

Use a color printer! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

A color printer. What a good idea. I'm not so up on these newfangled
gizmos. ;*))

Seriously, now.
Or did I miss something when I printed it?

Under "View" at the bottom is "Stitches display as" Then take your
pick. Easy-peasy!

More seriously now. I chose a pattern, downloaded it, printed it and I'm
delighted. Thanks much.

Lucille

Old November 10th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

I got the newest chart I ordered (the one whose name I forgot). Here it
is--Opus Magnusson from Long Dog.
http://www.violarium.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1547

How could I resist a Celtic/Icelandic sampler????

Dawne

Old November 11th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Nov 7, 2:02*pm, anne wrote:
besides gloating, whining, or getting your knickers in knots, are you doing any
stitching?

I'm working on a Smithsonian Institution crewel pillow kit by Mazaltov's.
Instead of filling some of the flower centers with knots, I'm trying to use my
newly acquired knowledge of caging cabochons with mixed results -- one cab fell
out and another looks like it do the same thing sigh

Hi! Haven't posted for a while. Or done any needle work for that
matter. I was taking an online course and it was pure hell. I just
wrote my instructor to tell him I was withdrawing - I was more than a
month behind. So I am contemplating the joys of a month or so off
before I take another course or this one again.

Anyhow, haven't done any stitching for a long time and am looking
forward to it - started knitting a hat last weekend. I just had to do
something. I'm doing the Meg Swanson hat on this page.
http://www.vogueknitting.com/node/510

Haven't decided what I'll do in embroidery - I have lots of UFO's but
I'm in need of a couple of jewellry bags, which I use to explore new
stitches or techniques. So maybe I'll try out a couple of ribbon
embroidery stitches.
Dora
http://www.picturetrail.com/bungadora

Old November 11th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Joan E. wrote:
On Nov 7, 3:02 pm, anne wrote:
besides gloating, whining, or getting your knickers in knots, are you doing any
stitching?

I just started a St. Bernard pattern http://www.patternsonline.com/Patterns/LPat.aspx?P=7371
for a coworker's Christmas gift. I am still contemplating on doing it
in Wisper, if I can get DD to compare colors and pick them up from NN
for me.

Joan

I am trying to get a golf chart finished for DH's aunt. I have just
discovered that half the design back, I put the tee one stitch over from
where it should be. Since the base of that and the adjoining letters are
scatter stitches, I shall fudge it. Aunt Pre is 92, and if I frog it,
*she* might croak before it is done! It is the lower left picture.

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/it...l?item=05-2746

I started knitting a stadium blanket for DGS, who is a freshman at Penn
State. The blue is a bit bright, but I figure it will darken from dirt.
It is unlikely to see a washing machine!

Gill
Old November 11th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On Nov 11, 12:10*pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:

Hi Dora, waving from NS ! * I wondered where you were. *Glad to know
you're back.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Sheena. I've been reading the group - just have been feeling
so stressed I've been keeping to myself.

Dora
Old November 12th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Nov 10, 5:15*pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

A color printer. *What a good idea. * I'm not so up on these newfangled
gizmos. * *;*))

Gee whiz, Lucille, get with the times! LOL

More seriously now. * I chose a pattern, downloaded it, printed it and I'm
delighted. * Thanks much.

Wonderful! Always glad to help. Now, *which* pattern did you choose?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Joan
Old November 12th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

On Nov 10, 5:15 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net
wrote:

A color printer. What a good idea. I'm not so up on these newfangled
gizmos. ;*))

Gee whiz, Lucille, get with the times! LOL

More seriously now. I chose a pattern, downloaded it, printed it and I'm
delighted. Thanks much.

Wonderful! Always glad to help. Now, *which* pattern did you choose?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Joan

I'm sure you won't be surprised to know that it's one called If Dogs Spoke.
A Maltese surrounded by the phrase that says: If Dogs Spoke they would
remind us that their ancestors ate ours.

The dog looks just like Puff so I couldn't resist.