making patterns

Old March 19th 10, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
nelson

Default making patterns

years ago i bought a book, about making patterns from clothes you
like, cant remember the name of it right now. but, if you already have
sewing knowledge so that you know what has to be cut on the bias,
straight grain, etc..you can pretty much lay out your pants, top,
whatever, get the sections as flat as you can, trace around the piece
then just add your seam allowance. I have had mixed results, but its
works most of the time.
Old March 19th 10, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

nelson wrote:
years ago i bought a book, about making patterns from
clothes you like, cant remember the name of it right now.
but, if you already have sewing knowledge so that you
know what has to be cut on the bias, straight grain,
etc..you can pretty much lay out your pants, top,
whatever, get the sections as flat as you can, trace
around the piece then just add your seam allowance. I
have had mixed results, but its works most of the time.

I don't know if that is a question or a random statement.

Here are some links with information on tracing off RTW to
create a pattern:

http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/th_120_056.asp

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...eview.pl?ID=83

Old March 24th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
nelson

On Mar 19, 3:21*pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:
nelson wrote:
years ago i bought a book, about making patterns from
clothes you like, cant remember the name of it right now.
but, if you already have sewing knowledge so that you
know what has to be cut on the bias, straight grain,
etc..you can pretty much lay out your pants, top,
whatever, get the sections as flat as you can, trace
around the piece then just add your seam allowance. I
have had mixed results, but its works most of the time.

I don't know if that is a question or a random statement.

Here are some links with information on tracing off RTW to
create a pattern:

http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/th_120_056.asp

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...eview.pl?ID=83

excuse me, i was wrinting in response to a prev.post. at any rate i
found the book,'Making Patterns from Finished Clothes', by Rusty
Bensussen. it has served me well.
Old March 24th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Nobody

nelson wrote:
[...]

And yet, you failed to quote ANY of that "prev.post" to
indicate that your message was a response to someone else's
question or comment.

P.S. Your shift key is apparently broken, it seems to
function erratically.

HTH,

~N~

Old March 25th 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Samantha Hill

nelson wrote:

excuse me, i was wrinting in response to a prev.post. at any rate i
found the book,'Making Patterns from Finished Clothes', by Rusty
Bensussen. it has served me well.

Honestly, I had no idea where your post came from, either. I can say,
though, that I like Rusty's book very much.

I wonder if you read the sentence, "I don't know if that is a question
or a random statement," that preceded the sharing of links, because I
could have said exactly the same thing, and maybe if you did you
wouldn't have reacted this way.

Ciao!