*The* Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

Old September 29th 03, 04:40 AM
Melissa in NJ

Default *The* Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG)

Plaid Swap!!!
==========
It's officially time for the Fall One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap. This means
that you send to exactly one person and exactly one
person sends to you!!! That's it. So easy! This is a great swap for people
who have never swapped before and want to try. If you don't know how my
swaps work or if you want more info email me with your questions.

I'll do my very best as always to keep people mailing as close to locally as
I can to keep postal costs down (unless you specifically state otherwise,
because some people like to trade internationally). This all depends on who
signs up and from where. This means if you live in Canada, I'll have you
swap with someone in Canada if I can. As in past swaps I'll let you know
who your person is and their contact info and who has you and their contact
info. That way you can email each other with any fabric specifics you might
be interested in (pattern size, pattern type, etc.). Open lines of
communication have worked well the last several times, and if anyone is
running late with mailing...you can ask them yourselves where it is! Now,
even though we are all responsible adults, sometimes things happen. If you
swap, but *never* receive anything in return and tried contacting your swap
buddy (and I tried too), I as the host will send you the appropriate amount
of fabric so you don't lose out. So everyone wins! JUST MAKE SURE you follow
through if you sign up!!!! Someone in each swap always ends up stiffing
their partner and I as the host have to pick up the slack. I stand by my
guarantee that everyone gets fabric...but it is a bit tiring to "clean up"
after someone else. We're all responsible adults so PLEASE mail if you sign
up! Thank you!!!!

Now as for signing up, this is going to be a standard sign-up period. I will
collect participants for two and a half weeks until Wednesday, October 15.
I'll make reminder announcements, etc. Once the signup deadline is closed,
I'll send out your
info on or about Monday, October 20th. You'll then have one full month total
to mail your fabric to your person. They should have the fabric on or before
November 20th. If your package is running late for ANY reason, you'll be
responsible for
letting your person know. PLEASE only sign up if you can stick to this time
frame. I know lots of us get busy in preparation for the holidays and
packages might go out late (which is okay)...but it's just really awkward
asking someone where their package is! Especially numerous times. So let's
keep it on time and your person informed! That or I'll release your home
address to the group and they'll stash raid you!!!

Now the most IMPORTANT part...the FABRIC! The theme of choice this time is
RCTQ choice and RCTQ chose Plaids!!!! Four fat quarters of glorious plaids
will be swapped! Of course extra goodies in the package are not necessary,
but always
welcome. I always get asked several times during these swaps if people can
spoil their person with extra goodies. The answer is always yes. But
remember...not necessary. All fabric is 100% cotton and is NOT to be
prewashed (unless otherwise pre-arranged). There will be final and specific
rules emailed to you when you are emailed your person.

So if you are interested in the Fall Plaid Swap please email me with the
following info:
Full Name:
RCTQ Screen Name:
Email Address:
Snail Mail Address (including Country) where you can receive packages:

Any Fabric Preferences (color, plaid size, etc.):

Availability to Mail Out of Your Geographic Region if Absolutely Necessary
(Yes or No):
Availability to take a Second Person if Absolutely Necessary (Yes or No):

If you participated in the previous swaps I probably have your address on
file, but please send again just to make sure what I have is most current
(that and it makes cutting/pasting so much easier).

With that...We're on our way to Fall Plaid swapping!!

Melissa in NJ *the self-appointed one-to-one swap queen!*

--
and the "Boos Hounds" (Bear, Bits, and Lexus)
and Maxi (aka Witch Kitty with a "B"), Kenobi (aka "Kitty Wan Kenobi"),

Quilt Something for Yourself! Adopt a Racing Greyhound!
--
Remove STOPCRAP to reply

Old September 29th 03, 05:19 AM
gundoc

Sign me up!!!!!!!

Marcie )
"Melissa in NJ" wrote in message
Plaid Swap!!!
==========

Old September 29th 03, 10:05 PM
MelissaInNJ

Marcie,

Send an email to me at:

quiltngryhndlady at comcast dot net

With the following info:

Full Name:
RCTQ Screen Name:
Email Address:
Snail Mail Address (including Country) where you can receive packages:

Any Fabric Preferences (color, plaid size, etc.):

Availability to Mail Out of Your Geographic Region if Absolutely Necessary
(Yes or No):
Availability to take a Second Person if Absolutely Necessary (Yes or No):

That way I'll have you down for sure!

Thanks!
Melissa in NJ

"gundoc" wrote in message news:NpOdb.629425$o%2.290455@sccrnsc02...
Sign me up!!!!!!!

Marcie )

"Melissa in NJ" wrote in message
Plaid Swap!!!
==========

snip
Old October 7th 03, 05:12 PM
MelissaInNJ

Just a friendly signup reminder for the Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat
Quarter Swap. All details are below. Signups go on til October 15th!
To sign up send the following info to me at:

Old October 14th 03, 03:44 PM
MelissaInNJ

Hi All! This is your FINAL reminder for the Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat
Quarter Swap. All details are below. Signups go on until TOMORROW
October 15th!
I will be getting all the details together over the weekend and you'll
have your swap name and address by Monday evening!!! Woohoo!