Crimping Question

Old July 6th 03, 01:37 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Three words:

Split Ring Pliers

Can't live without them!

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

"scaperchick" wrote in message
While we're talking crimpers, just to add - don't make the mistake I
did and use your crimp pliers to open split rings! It works great,
but it will eventually ruin your crimpers.

Old July 6th 03, 04:55 AM
Christina Peterson

I also am not happy with the crimps I get from tube beads. I do well with
the cheap corrugated ones (plated). The holes are bigger in the cheap ones.
Could that be the reason?

Tina

"SmartAlecBlonde4" wrote in message
I have the gist of proper crimping with crimp pliers. I looked at mine

and saw
that they were the micro crimper. So I've been trying to get that nice

look
you get when you do the final crimp and it just doesn't work right for me.

am using the 2x2mm tubes and I'm just wondering if its because I'm using

the
micro crimp tool. I do plan to buy the other crimper one of these days

when I
feel like spending the money for them, I'd rather buy beads.

Jo Jo

Old July 6th 03, 05:54 PM
SuzanneHye

In article , scaperchick
writes:

While we're talking crimpers, just to add - don't make the mistake I
did and use your crimp pliers to open split rings! It works great,
but it will eventually ruin your crimpers.

Thanks to everyone who recommended me as a source for your crimping pliers! I
carry both the regular Euro-tool crimpers and the Euro-tool Micro crimpers.
AND...I just got in the best micro-micro split ring pliers! They are so fine
they can really get into a split ring without bending it out of shape. I have
micro-split ring pliers on my eBay store (Hye on Beads) but these are even
better. I don't have them up on the store YET. They are $7.95 plus $1.00
shipping.
Suzanne

Suzanne Hye, Owner
HYE ON BEADS
formerly Henrietta's Beading Supply Co.
P.O. Box 6244
Monroe Township, NJ 08831
732-605-0300/1-800-325-3918
fax 732-656-1066
On eBay visit my sto Hye on Beads
Seller I.D.: vintagesuzanne
Free Price List & Brochure
Call and stop by The Bead Studio when you are in our area!
Full service beads and supplies,
class & workshops

Old July 6th 03, 08:52 PM
Angua

Fast being an understatement, I've just had the pleasure of buying some
'proper' crimps from Suzanne on eBay, they arrived in the UK quicker than
stuff I got from a UK eBay supplier 2 days earlier and she replies to
questions with more than one word. It was just a lovely experience parting
with money!!

Amanda
Nottingham, UK

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Suzanne has lots of good things -- like HypoCement, tools, you name it.

She
ships fast and she basically rocks.

Old July 7th 03, 01:08 AM
Helen Page

SuzanneHye wrote:

Thanks to everyone who recommended me as a source for your crimping
pliers! I carry both the regular Euro-tool crimpers and the
Euro-tool Micro crimpers. AND...I just got in the best micro-micro
split ring pliers! They are so fine they can really get into a split
ring without bending it out of shape. I have micro-split ring pliers
on my eBay store (Hye on Beads) but these are even better. I don't
have them up on the store YET. They are $7.95 plus $1.00 shipping.

Suzanne, I think I will be sending you some paypal soon! Can I check though,
I have some crimps labeled as having an internal diameter of 1.3mm, and some
from another supplier who I will probably be using from now on for crimps,
they are a teeny bit bigger (I'd guess internal diameter of about 1.5mm).
Which size of crimper should I use for these?