Bad news and good news day....

Old September 7th 04, 04:14 AM
Kaytee

Default Bad news and good news day....

Bad news-- one of my nieces was killed yesterday. A drunk driver, going 80 mph,
ran onto the sidewalk and struck her as she was walking down the street. She
had just turned 18 a couple of months ago. Her mother and two of her siblings
flew out to Arizona to take care of matters there. My mother called and told me
this morning.

Good news-- my creep of a little brother (the one in Iraq) finally got around
to calling my mother and letting her know that he's really OK. Running over the
land mine "just shook him up a little".... He also said he had gotten the
package I sent, but didn't comment as to whether or not the contents were
anything he needed/wanted/wanted more of.... The only thing he did say he would
like are clothes and small toys for the local children. Nice that he's so
unselfish, but he's still a creep for not communicating with our mother, at
least, in a more timely manner.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old September 7th 04, 04:22 AM
~Candace~

Oh Kaytee, I am so sorry to hear the news about your niece. Well wishes for
all of you.
As for your Bro--FINALLY! give him a kick in the pants for us when he
finally comes home--then let him explain about how hard it is to get any
kind of communication to the States. Remember--kick first, talk later.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old September 7th 04, 04:45 AM
starlia

I am so sorry to hear about your niece. What a devastating thing for the
family. I hope the drunk driver is thrown under the jail.

I know how difficult it is to get time to call. Maybe your brother just
couldn't get to speak for whatever reasons. He could have been out on recon
or whatever. Give him the benefit of a doubt.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old September 7th 04, 05:46 AM
~Candace~

I have 3 brothers. 'Nuff said.

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:22:51 -0400, Candace~ wrote
(in message ):

Remember--kick first, talk later.

The motto I live by. How did you guess, Candace?

Kathy N-V, who needs steel toed Birkenstocks

Old September 7th 04, 05:56 AM
Cheryl

Kaytee

18 and her life is gone .....
how sad -- I hope they put the driver in jail for a long, long time....
though I know that won't take away the family's pain....

as for your brother -- it can be very difficult in some areas to get
communication home.... perhaps he just has not been able to get through...

it's nice to think that he is actually trying to help over there...
though for the most part, I really don't think the people there care about our
help.... and would rather kill us or have us leave.
The guys I know who have been there realized that the locals really just take
such "gifts" from our people more as we "owe it to them" than an act of helping
out of love and charity.....
Though the littlest children, the innocent ones, certainly deserve any help
they can get -- the older ones (old enough to speak and learn) have already
learned that American's are evil and bad.....
sad....

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old September 7th 04, 06:31 AM
Dr. Sooz

I'm so sorry, Kaytee. That is sickening.
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old September 7th 04, 10:50 AM
AmazeR

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 03:14:43 +0000, Kaytee wrote:

Bad news-- one of my nieces was killed yesterday. A drunk driver, going 80 mph,
ran onto the sidewalk and struck her as she was walking down the street. She
had just turned 18 a couple of months ago. Her mother and two of her siblings
flew out to Arizona to take care of matters there. My mother called and told me
this morning.

How devastating! Sorry to hear this Kaytee...

When I was 20, I was hit head-on by a drunk driver but lived to tell the
tale. I have major back issues from this. In a way, it is a blessing she
didn't survive it. However, I'm real feel sad for the family's sorrow
and grief.

I hope they do the drunk like a dinner! Only deserves to be chewed and
spat out!!

Hugs,

Mavis

Old September 7th 04, 12:52 PM
Beadbimbo

Kaytee,

I'm so sorry about your neice. How awful. I wish more could be done to
that driver than what he'll probably get. How sad for all of you.

I'm glad to hear your brother's ok. I know you and your mom must be
relieved.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old September 7th 04, 12:56 PM
Debbie B

I'm sorry about your niece. I hope they caught the driver and actually
punishes him/her.

I'm glad your little brother is okay.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Beading http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5079814&pathID=724394

Good News Jalynne Beads 5 June 11th 04 08:10 AM
Good News and Bad News Kandice Seeber Beads 11 October 14th 03 06:04 PM